Oly C4000Z question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just switched from the 2040 to the 4000. The controls are very similar but I haven't been able to access one of the functions that was not on the 2040. Perhaps it is due to a "broken camera" or the function is not an option unless linked with another mode.
The "camera" tab shows a "multi metering" option which then has an "on" and "off" choice. When I scroll down the "camera" tab the "multi metering" option is not lighted up like the others and the scroll skips over it to the next option in line.
Can anyone offer an explanation for this other than a "broken camera".
Thanks.

What mode is your camera in when you try these settings? I don't know the specifics about the 4000, but with the 4040 and 5050, certain settngs are not available in all modes. I'd try that setting in all 4 modes before I consider it broken.

I resolved the issue. The camera is fine.
:)

Want to tell us how you fixed it? Someone else may be having the same problem.

I finally did what men never do, I read the instructions on the CD ROM that came with the camera.
:bonk:

:clapping:

Is it because manual mode doesn't allow for that function? That's my guess. I could also look it up on the CD-ROM, but that takes time.....

I upgraded to the 4000 this weekend. I passed by a kiosk in a mall in Guam and saw it on sale NEW for less than I could get it for that on the web, so I bought one. I'm with you, Gilligan -- there are some things that will just take some getting used to when upgrading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom