Oly C-5050 Manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCdiving Deb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just came home with my brand new toy! It is so new I am waiting for the batteries to charge up.

Here is my question: Should there be an owner's manual in the box in addition to the Quick Start Guide and the CD version that will be installed when I pop in the software? It seems like there should be an in-depth manual that I can read without needing my computer. The check list states there is a Basic Manual, in addition to the previously mentioned items, but I don't see one.

I look forward to learning a lot with this baby! Thanks for all the abundant advice you all have provided to us so far.

When we purchased our C5050, it came with a small (about 4 X 6) book labeled "Basic Manual" - it's 203 pages divided into English, and 3 other languages. Got the camera in November, and that little book is getting pretty dog-eared from me reading it!!

Not an ideal solution, but try here C5050 manual

Hi Kelphelper!

There is a manual, but it is REALLY basic and not at all that informative... but it should have been in your box.

Here are links to some other information I have found to be helpful:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusc5050z/

http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gallery/underwater_photography/up_settings.htm

http://www.molon.de/5050.html#AuxiliaryLenses

http://www.jaytorborg.com/photo_main.htm

It is too bad you couldn't have come to the Olympus Digital Photography class held today in LA! I went and it was completely worth the $99 cost. I learned a lot about the functionality of the camera, in addition to getting a photography refresher course and some information on storage and manipulation of images. Check the Olympus website for when this class may be returning to this area.

Or maybe we should start our own SoCal Scubaboard 5050 user group! We can get together in person and share tips and techniques...

Congratulations on your purchase. I know you will be happy with the camera and love the pictures you get from it :)

cheers,

The CD version has more information than the Basic manual that comes with the camera.
I chose to print the CD version. Good information, alot more conveniant, and the Highlighter works better than on the screen!

John Lundefined
kelphelper:
I just came home with my brand new toy! It is so new I am waiting for the batteries to charge up.

Here is my question: Should there be an owner's manual in the box in addition to the Quick Start Guide and the CD version that will be installed when I pop in the software? It seems like there should be an in-depth manual that I can read without needing my computer. The check list states there is a Basic Manual, in addition to the previously mentioned items, but I don't see one.

I look forward to learning a lot with this baby! Thanks for all the abundant advice you all have provided to us so far.

If you want a hard copy of the manual that's on the CD, get in touch with olympus. They will send you one upon request.

It is too bad you couldn't have come to the Olympus Digital Photography class held today in LA! I went and it was completely worth the $99 cost. I learned a lot about the functionality of the camera, in addition to getting a photography refresher course and some information on storage and manipulation of images. Check the Olympus website for when this class may be returning to this area.

Really glad to hear that the class was of some use to you. Do they still do the gift certificate thing?

Lisa

justleesa:
Really glad to hear that the class was of some use to you. Do they still do the gift certificate thing?

Lisa

Ah, no, sadly they did not offer any gift certificates. But everyone I spoke with after the class agreed it was worth the money, even so. And I agree with you, Lisa, what we need now is an advanced class... or one geared towards PT015 (or underwater) users. I will log on their site and make THAT suggestion! It was funny, because at the end of the session they showed a slide saying we should fill out evaluations so they could improve the class. When that came up, they said "Sorry, we don't have any evaluation forms today!" So I lost THAT opportunity to give feedback... :biggrin:

sapphire:
It was funny, because at the end of the session they showed a slide saying we should fill out evaluations so they could improve the class. When that came up, they said "Sorry, we don't have any evaluation forms today!" So I lost THAT opportunity to give feedback... :biggrin:

Tsk, tsk....some people just can't take negitive feedback.....lol Although there are no real grounds for that here, the class is focused on the adverage user and they pretty much have that covered.

Lisa
PS: Is there a place to second a suggestion??

justleesa:
Tsk, tsk....some people just can't take negitive feedback.....lol Although there are no real grounds for that here, the class is focused on the adverage user and they pretty much have that covered.

Lisa
PS: Is there a place to second a suggestion??

I tried to get on their website to give the feedback, but I was getting "j a v a s c r i p t" errors... I will try again a little later... but there is a place where you should be able to email them directly with questions, that was where I was planning to make my suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom