Olmeva/Aerosub Compressors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of these compressors, a sales man is telling me they have more hours reliable running than a bauer but two thirds of the price.

Does anyone have any experience with these compressors, particularly the portable compact 7, I think it is 140l per hour.

It uses a Subaru engine. Any comments? more or less reliable than Honda?

13 view and not one comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

say something, i thought forums were for like minded individuals to help each other out.

Since your begging for a reply here goes.

No I don't know anything about those compressors. I did find a web site (in Italy) but it did not have a compact 7 listed so I can't really compare it to a Bauer.

If the Subaru engine is comparable to cars then for sure I would go with the Honda.

As for not getting replies maybe others were as skeptical as I and guessed that since this is your first post you......maybe work for the company?????

If you can read Italian here is the website.

OLMEVA s.n.c. Division AEROSUB High Pressure Compressors Tel. (0039) 030 3366291 Viale S. Eufemia, 173 - 25135 - Brescia (Italy)

Although I own a Bauer and might be a little biased, here goes.

When sales people say their stuff is as good as brand X but cost less, buy brand X. It's the standard(best) by which others are judged. I'm not saying Bauer IS the best. I however bought one because I thought they were the best. There are other good compressors out there too. I think I'd stay away from a Euro unit that may be hard to get parts for as there are lots of known good compressors out there that cost less than Bauer.

If a google search only turns up one hit I can see why few have posted. I am fairly familar with the various compressors but I never heard of it.

Aero Sub is represented in this country mainly by Ed Hall at Innerspace Research. I know that Mako has sold a few under their name and in their own package to mainly paint-ball folks. I haven't seen very many of the units. Sorry I can't help you further.

Craig

I tend to agree with Coblatblue, of course I also own a Bauer, it is 30 years old and almost all parts are still available. Do you think you can say this about the one you are looking at. For that matter can you get the parts locally now, or will they have to be ordered from Europe with delivery time in 6-8 weeks.

Ike

p.s. on the downside is Bauer pricing, a replacement plastic/fiberglass fan shroud is over $300

The specs for the Aerosub 8.4 are unusual. In the portable version there is an 6.5 hp Honda engine, 4 stage, 5 cfm pump with overall net weight of less than 50 kilos. It has a one liter sump. It is Nitrox capable. Sounds like a serious compressor. It is the lightest, most powerful portable that I have heard of outside of my personal portables which are 4 stage, 4 cfm, and just under 40 kilos. If the dollar had not taken a nosedive a compressor like that might have a future here. Most "portables" of the (actual, not claimed) 5 cfm genre require a dolley or forklift.

I've own a portable 4 cu ft for 20+, it's been reliable & performed well. I'd like to find who is selling them now.

We've had an aerosub 6000 compressor since 1986 and it still works great. Just had it checked out and the results came back above board on all counts. We're heading west again from San Diego, hope to circumnavigate this time. We'll dive in the best spots on Earth along the way. Contact: BONANNI ENTERPRISE, 107 NORTH 11TH STREET, PO DRAWER 3208, TAMPA, FL 33601 - PHONE: (813)229-6411
Sole distributor for AERO SUB compressor in US.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom