Older Regulator Identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Muhkanik

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to diving but I'm very mechanically inclined and the thought of servicing and maintaining my own gear is very interesting to me.
These older regulators were basically given to me and I'm having a tough time nailing down exactly the model of each to really search for parts availability. I'm told they function properly but I haven't yet tested them out for myself
I'm also curious to know if they are unique to to the manufacturer or rebranded. I believe the Seaquest secondary is the same as one built by another brand.
Can anyone help me ID these or (even better) point me to some resources that I can read up on?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• PXL_20220527_151625844.jpg
    PXL_20220527_151625844.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 85
  • PXL_20220527_151757506.jpg
    PXL_20220527_151757506.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 88
I'll get things started.

The second stage with the blue cover with black triangle purge is an Oceanic Delta. I think a Delta 2. I'll attach the service manual.

Attachments

• 1709736-delta_2.pdf
    312.4 KB · Views: 87
The first stages are oceanic rebranded versions of the scubapro mk5 and mk10. (the matt one is an mk10, the full chrome one mk5). Both great regulators.

The first stages are oceanic rebranded versions of the scubapro mk5 and mk10. (the matt one is an mk10, the full chrome one mk5). Both great regulators.
The chrome 1st stage looks like an actual MK5 to me, not the oceanic copy. The oceanic 1st stages are not just rebranded SP, they are copies of the design but the parts are not interchangeable as far as I know. The duller 1st stage is definitely an oceanic.

These two 1st stage manuals may not be exact, but close enough to get you through the service. I would also hazard a guess that a Scubapro MK5/6/7/8/9/10 high pressure seat will work just fine. If not, compare it to this: Store | Vintage Double Hose

Attachments

• OCEANIC 1995 BALANCED PISTON FIRST STAGE.pdf
    238.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Oceanic PX2.pdf
    738 KB · Views: 105
Thanks everyone! They are both Oceanic branded regs.
For what it's worth, John at Northeast Divers supply said they are not the same as the Scubapro MK5/10. Although he did say that they would have the specific service kits for the PX2 within the next month.
I need to do a little more digging and see if I can verify what, if any, parts are interchangeable with other brands. I'm not too worried about o-rings. As long as I know what size they are, they're super easy to get from the McMaster-Carr that's right down the road from work. It would be nice to have a second source for the seats like Couv mentioned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom