Older Poseidon Regulators Worthwhile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a set of older regulators . These only ones I found it wouldn't freeze up at depth. And they breathe fine above 150 foot and I'm never had any trouble having them serviced

Since my local scubapro dealer decided they were no longer going to honor scubapro's lifetime maintenance I've been thinking of replacing the regulators. My usual LDS has some older model Poseidon regs for sale. They're asking $100 for one first/second pair, and $130 for another with a long hose. Now, this LDS will service anything, he managed to drum up parts for an MK7 honker that someone gave me.

So my questions are, if I had to go to another shop - can old Poseidon regs still be serviced?

Do those sound like reasonable prices, for very well used old regulators? The shop says they were freshly serviced this month.

Do old posiedons breathe well (above say 150')?
Since my local scubapro dealer decided they were no longer going to honor scubapro's lifetime maintenance I've been thinking of replacing the regulators. My usual LDS has some older model Poseidon regs for sale. They're asking $100 for one first/second pair, and $130 for another with a long hose. Now, this LDS will service anything, he managed to drum up parts for an MK7 honker that someone gave me.

So my questions are, if I had to go to another shop - can old Poseidon regs still be serviced?

Do those sound like reasonable prices, for very well used old regulators? The shop says they were freshly serviced this month.

Do old posiedons breathe well (above say 150')?

Hi Kelemvor,

I got a new xtream MkIII setup from DGX a year and a half ago. All of the first stage LP and HP port connections are standard now and the OPV is built into the first stage instead of having to be on the second stages which require a special hose.

The reg is amazing at all depths from 7 feet to 135 (the deepest I have dove it). The old ones will breathe just as well but the new ones are more convenient due to the now standard port sizes and hoses. My set, including the first stage, one second on a long hose, one second on a short hose, neck bungee, an SPG with hose, a DIN to Yoke adapter, and two SS bolt snaps, ran me around $800.00 and I think it is $850 right now. I had DGX slightly "detune" my secondary to minimize freeflow and they did it perfectly.

I plan to dive 20 more years, and I will never need another reg set. Sold off my Apeks XTX 200s which paid the bulk of the cost for the poseidon. So, the $$$ for new are worth it.

Your deals sound like a steal, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom