Old Surface Air Diving rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webetics

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been diving with an evinrude aquanaut for over 40 years. I just picked up a rig that said Snuba on it from the international water sports LTD. It has a float, dive flag, 10 foot hose and air regulator similar to the scuba tank hookah rigs. I can't find anything about this at all. It has no power assist and I'm trying to find out some information about it. Anyone ever see this before.
thanks,
Mark

Attachments

• snuba1.jpg
    snuba1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 333
  • snuba2.jpg
    snuba2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 244
  • snuba3.jpg
    snuba3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 179
Wow really.I haven't tried it and I'm not a physics major but I have heard you can only snorkel about two feet deep. The pressure on the lung is to great after that to try to suck air in or exspell air. Along with c02 build up.So I don't see what good an 10 foot hose will do.Looks like a death trap to me.

It might work for going under something flat like a raft but you can't go much more than a foot deep, 2 if you're hearty. The other thing is the length of the hose. Unless that mouthpiece has in and out check valves so it's direct exhaust the dead volume of that long hose is a killer.

Pete

It actually has check valves so you can only breath in clean air and the used air is expelled through the bottom. Possibly would be useful for working on a prop of a boat or something. Just trying to find out more about this unit.
Thanks,
Mark

It actually has check valves so you can only breath in clean air and the used air is expelled through the bottom. Possibly would be useful for working on a prop of a boat or something. Just trying to find out more about this unit.
Thanks,
Mark

That would be about it.

Water pressure on the lungs limits depth but the one way flow will allow some lateral freedom near the surface.

Pete

It should be surface supplied from a SCUBA tank. There was a thread on it back a few months, it's used for tourists under supervision in shallow water.

Bob
------------------------------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet

pic of snuba

So I tried the snuba unit this weekend in Lake Ontario. 10' of hose and a mouthpiece, but no pump. I could swim on the surface just fine, but 2 to 3 feet down, nothing, not even a breath, just like physics says. Nothing ventured nothing gained!aug_2012 005.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom