Old Scubapro Meridian - Pushbutton problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

owhiso26

New
Reaction score
Hi - probably haven't used my old SP Meridian for the past 5 years. It was always in good shape, didn't get banged around a lot, and kept in the original hardcase. I knew it would need a new battery, but unfortunately, one of the pushbuttons has popped out along with its spring. They were both still in the box. Has anyone else had this happen on a Meridian or other DC? If so, is it an easy repair, could I do it myself, or do I have to send it in to SP (which is a bit of a trip here in Germany), or is this something that a standard watch repair shop can handle?

It concerns me that it seems to have happened spontaneously, the watch is otherwise completely undamaged. Could it just be metal/spring fatigue, would it be wise to replace springs on the other pushbuttons? I own a few analog dive watches, e.g. the Sinn U1000, and have never had an issue with their pushbuttons. Would hate for this to happen on a dive :-(

Any advice much appreciated! Thanks in advance, -oliver

Attachments

• IMG_4970.jpg
    IMG_4970.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 37
do I have to send it in to SP (which is a bit of a trip here in Germany),

SP's major service center is in Germany. There are also many SP dealers in Germany so servicing it shouldn't be an issue. You should try very hard to get SP to cover the repairs under warranty even if the warranty has expired.

I did not know that, thanks! Found dealers here, but thought they would be sending to the US for repair - I stand corrected, will go the dealer route.

I did not know that, thanks! Found dealers here, but thought they would be sending to the US for repair - I stand corrected, will go the dealer route.

SP engineering and service center is actually in Germany, you are in the best place for service :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom