old reg.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

27knudsen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi
Can anyone tell me anything about kawasaki polaris X1. this is a old reg.set i was offered secondhand,:D

It would be better if you post it in the vintage dive section or maybe even better post it at VintageDoubleHose.com

Kawasaki used to build several regulators under license from US Divers. I am not familiar with the model names.
Depending on year, model, and condition, some are desirable as collector items.

Good luck

^ it's there now...

Hey guy no need to go anywhere else. Some peolple here can help you out. Post some pics. Is it a single or double hose? Any Kawasaki reg is rare even a single hose. They made the double hoses from the 50's to the 80's. I sold a mint one about from the 80'seven years ago for over $400. The double hose one's are very rare. Don't get low balled from anyone on the other site. I know one guy that tries jumping on every rare reg that comes on there.

The X1 is a single hose regulator. Similar to a Conshelf regulator. They are rare if they are in great condition. Most of the ones I have seen dont even have the label on the purge button. normal_DSCN2345.jpg

That picture shows what looks like a non-balanced piston first stage. Similar to a US Divers Deepstar (not a Conshelf). The second stage also looks similar to any of the US Divers second stages of that time.

Thanks

The X1 is a single hose regulator. Similar to a Conshelf regulator. They are rare if they are in great condition. Most of the ones I have seen dont even have the label on the purge button. View attachment 150681

old reg

Hi
Can anyone tell me anything about kawasaki polaris X1. this is a old reg.set i was offered secondhand,:D[/QUO

Firstly welcome to the vintage section of the board. These two units were imported into the UK in the 1970's by "SPARTAN" who rebadged as can be seen by the att add of the time but in fact KAWASAKI  ADD.jpgKAWASAKI (3).jpgKAWASAKI (5).jpgKAWASAKI (6).jpgKAWASAKI (7).jpg were the J1g and X1 regs.Have added a few att. to show internals. Have more pics if needed.

Thanks for the pictures.

The first stage on the X1 is very interesting. It looks like it has a balancing chamber at the center of the piston head. The piston must have two separate air passages, one for LP air (intermediate pressure) and one for HP air.

The J1 looks like many non-balanced piston regulators. It is actually very similar to the US Divers Deepstar.

The X1 is different to other balanced piston regulators. I have seen a few different balanced piston designs (not just the common flow through piston), but I have never seen that particular design.

Thanks again for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom