Old question, new post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a daughter-in-law that is interested in getting certified this summer, and am wondering if anyone could recommend an instuctor in the Frisco-Denton area. That is a closer drive for them after work than Plano-Dallas area. My son-in-law has been diving for several years and they want to do a Coz. trip next summer.

I've already told them that after she gets her cert. they may not wait that long to go. :D

I am associated with Blue Dolphin Scuba in Frisco. My wife was certified through Island Divers in Denton about 6 years ago.

TwoBit

Mike, my wife just got certified this year, and we used a guy in Sherman. He's a Y instructor, been doing it 30 years, and teaches a really good class. He's not as thorough as Marcus was, but most guys aren't. His class does run longer than one weekend, and he's pretty thorough. He teaches school during the school year, and he teaches SCUBA classes at Southeastern in Durant as part of their P.E. program, so he knows how to TEACH. On top of that, he's really reasonable on his prices. I don't know where your daughter in law lives, but if she's close, I highly recommend this guy. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll PM you his name and number.

Thanks guys, they just moved here from San Antone (oops, step-daughter, not daughter-in-law. Don't tell, she'll kill me. I get sooo confused on those hyphen things). They don't know the area real well yet and neither do I.

Thomas, send me the info. on Sherman, I'll pass it on.

Tom, do you help with the classes in Frisco? That'd be great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom