Old mk17 LP Ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

o
Try hanging it so the lower hose takes a set, I also use mine with the bottom up (balance chamber end) with the early 17 style so the upper hose has a slight bias away from the lower hose which on me helps keep the short hose from catching on my shoulder.
ok im a bit lost. whats bottom up? i mean i have the mk17 black plastic cap on top. so your black plastic cap is at the bottom?

can you describe in detail stage 1 position. and how you setup the long and short lp hose

also hang the hose? regulator set is attached to the tank? and i just let everything hang? is that what you mean?
No, hang it when not diving, a couple nails in a wall etc. put the first on the hooks/nails whatever so whichever side you like is up, cap up or as I do cap down, and just leave it like that, the hose will take a set the direction you want it to, if you coil it when not in use it will take that set, need pictures? I can go do a quick set up to show you. My regs usually sit on a top shelf and the second stages just hang.

h
No, hang it when not diving, a couple nails in a wall etc. put the first on the hooks/nails whatever so whichever side you like is up, cap up or as I do cap down, and just leave it like that, the hose will take a set the direction you want it to, if you coil it when not in use it will take that set, need pictures? I can go do a quick set up to show you. My regs usually sit on a top shelf and the second stages just hang.
i pictures would be nice

h

i pictures would be nice
Storeage
DBC93652-5F99-4D5C-A6AF-B80B08FD4BEE.jpeg

use
9FFAEC60-03DE-41DC-BEA3-D9454495F74D.jpeg

I use braided hoses which can resist a set better than rubber but still take a bias.

yep i see it. you inverted the whole 1st stage. Bottom LP port is now on top. but its angled upward now instead of down.

will try this setup. if it works

yep i see it. you inverted the whole 1st stage. Bottom LP port is now on top. but its angled upward now instead of down.

will try this setup. if it works
It seems to work well with the old style reg (that’s a Mk11 by the way but same ports, a 17 EVO is in the background) I use the EVO the same way.

that will probably work if you didnt dive it with a long hose. the primary hose is floating off your right shoulder

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom