Old logo vs new logo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

39jag

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
This may be in this forum, somewhere, but unable to locate it. Question is, I am wondering if the changes in the transplate harness, from old logo to new logo, are a big deal. Also, anyone know the year the new logo went into effect on the harness? I have the opportunity to purchase a slightly used one locally, with the old logo and just trying to make a decision. Thankful for any help.

I was thinking about 2010. The logo I was looking at was the red and white vs the red, white and yellow. Thanks for the reply.

---------- Post added July 28th, 2015 at 10:35 AM ----------

Found a post from Dive Rite back in 2009 that announced the coming out of their new logo. So that confirms the logo. Now just need to know if there were any changes of importance, since then.

or Jared directly. Either way the only difference will be in the side plates and the chest strap connector. The chest strap was just redone a year or so ago *went from a standard D-ring to some newfangled plate deal*, and a few years ago the side plates were changed from some pretty wide plates down to narrower ones. No big changes that would deter me from an old one at a good deal. I have 2 transpacs, and a transplate with the old style, so obviously not a concern for me ;-)

Appreciate the help. For the price, decided to gamble, before it was gone. Wanted to try something besides my Hollis HD 100.

Thanks for the info. Since I told him I would take it, guess I will find out. Since you guys helped me out, I'll let you know what I'm paying for it, just for your info. $325 harness, stainless back plate, STA, Rec wing. Looks like new, to me.

---------- Post added July 28th, 2015 at 11:18 AM ----------

I am aware of that, thank you. This is complete without weight pockets. Stainless back plate with the STA, and rec wing. Old logo, but excellent condition.

---------- Post added July 28th, 2015 at 11:30 AM ----------

Possibly a bit of confusion. I know what the Transpac is, as I also looked for one of those. This harness is complete with the back plate, etc, but on the epilate, says transplate instead of transpac. Perhaps they had a different harness for the transplate back when this was put together. I don't know. Interesting though.

the harness comes off of the plate, so you're fine there. That's a good setup. I'm not a huge fan of the Rec wing, but it works well enough. Depending on the wing from your hollis, you might have better luck with that for singles. Either way it's a great deal. My comment was based off of the thinking that you were just buying the Transplate to replace the whole HD-100, not a full system.

I was a bit confused by the labeling on the harness, and the fact that I'm new to the whole BP/W thing probably added more. Looking for more freedom than the Hollis provides. Thanks again, for all the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom