old jetfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't want them I'll be glad to take them off your hands. I'll even pay shipping<G>.

Ok, here's the history you wanted.
Some asked if Beuchat is a good company, one of them said 'no',
emm... after this reading, we may realize something..... hopefully you're getting the 352 Jet fins, enjoy!

Interview with Dick Bonin
by Bret Gilliam

http://www.fathomspub.com/cgi/interview.pl/9/index.html

Here's some preview:
"The company (Beuchat) is so well remembered for its initial regulator and the Jet Fins. You guys were getting them from France, right?

DB: Beauchat invented the Jet Fin. Beauchat was a good friend of Gustav, and was a very successful manufacturer of European diving equipment &#8211; spearguns, masks, fins, snorkels, very good stuff. He asked Gustav if he could get Jet Fins started in the United States....."

and the story continues...

Thalassamania:
If you don't want them I'll be glad to take them off your hands. I'll even pay shipping<G>.

Wow! What's shipping gotta be on those puppies? I mean mine have to weigh about 10 lbs. each. :wink:

I bought mine on ebay for $10 plus $8.50 shipping. I don't think there is much a demand for size M as I see those frequently in that price range.

alo100:

My Scubapro tech 1st met Bonin in 1973 & was an NASDS shop when he opened his 1st dive shop in Montgomery, AL.

The interview was very interesting to me, it filled in some background that I didn't have on SP & NASDS. I 1st started using SP gear in 1978 & also took an NASDS class that year. My prior underage training had been NAUI & PADI.

Funny how Bonin though the Jet fins were ugly when he 1st saw them. I always though the Jet & Rocket fins were the good looking ones :D

redhatmama:
I bought mine on ebay for $10 plus $8.50 shipping. I don't think there is much a demand for size M as I see those frequently in that price range.

Nice deal. I paid $25 plus $15 shipping for my size medium. Still waiting for them. Hopefully I got the right size. I am a mens 7-1/2. I have a feeling only a soft sole boot will fit.

ronrosa:
Nice deal. I paid $25 plus $15 shipping for my size medium. Still waiting for them. Hopefully I got the right size. I am a mens 7-1/2. I have a feeling only a soft sole boot will fit.

It will probably work unless you plan to wear drysuit boots. I'm a 9-1/2 in women's but I have a narrow foot and find the foot pockets extremely wide. I wish they made fins exclusively for women's feet!

redhatmama:
It will probably work unless you plan to wear drysuit boots. I'm a 9-1/2 in women's but I have a narrow foot and find the foot pockets extremely wide. I wish they made fins exclusively for women's feet!

Are you using a hard sole or soft sole boot ?

ronrosa:
Are you using a hard sole or soft sole boot ?

Hard sole. Soft sole wiggles too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom