Old & fat ...... should I still continue with my Open Dive Course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 67, just got back from Malpelo, it was fantastic.

You will need medical clearance for any training dives, assuming you answer yes to any of the screening quetions.10063.qxd (padi.com) It might be valuable to take a refresher, to make sure you still remember your basic skills. It may also be valuable to take AOW, to make sure you are not limited in any of your dive opportunities in the Maldives. Not sure what you can get done in Karachi in the short time you have available.

Best of luck, good diving

Thanks.
Yes, i am going to see my GP for this prior to flying.
Unfortunately its not a diving season jus yet in karachi, so cannot brush up here before leaving.
But yes, a refresher course makes sense.

Thanks.
Yes, i am going to see my GP for this prior to flying.
Unfortunately its not a diving season jus yet in karachi, so cannot brush up here before leaving.
But yes, a refresher course makes sense.

Do the dive centers there ever do pool refreshers? That is very common in the US.

Do the dive centers there ever do pool refreshers? That is very common in the US.
I haven't taken a refresher here in Karachi yet. So can't say.
But they do teach in pools here.

I haven't taken a refresher here in Karachi yet. So can't say.
But they do teach in pools here.

Are you going to a land based resort for your trip in Maldives?

I have my doubts regarding a pool refresher for ocean dives, but that's probably just me.
Conduct refreshers here all the time in pool .almost always people may be a little bit rusty, but not unsafe and get back to speed easy enough. Ran one yesterday for a gentleman who is only “scuba “ diver certified. He was a disaster. Advised him to retake his course or not plan to dive on his trip to Mexico.

Conduct refreshers here all the time in pool .almost always people may be a little bit rusty, but not unsafe and get back to speed easy enough. Ran one yesterday for a gentleman who is only “scuba “ diver certified. He was a disaster. Advised him to retake his course or not plan to dive on his trip to Mexico.

Wow! hope Im not so bad in the water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom