Old dry Suit Worth Repairing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After talking to him a second time, I think he has plans for it. I let him know if he didn't, I'd be happy to make some of my own. He will be in the cold more than I, so it's better use to him if he plans to repair it.

if he keeps it and your still thinking about dry, dui has factoy seconds for sell on their web site. nothing wrong with the stuff there. i don't know about other web sites.

Thought I would update this thread. Turns out my friend passed along the old suit to me as a moving gift. I put it on last night and found it was a perfect fit. It's coated fabric, confirmed no leaks in the suit itself. One patch. Valves are an old style that is discontinued but they are operational. The ziper works easily and is still water tight. It came with it's bag and a hose. The only thing it lacks to be operational are all the seals, feet included. I was debating trying to manufacture some, but a quick ebay search tells me I can probably catch a deal on replacement seals there. Since I am moving back to Texas and will not need a dry suit for my day to day diving, this one may work out perfectly. I hate to purchase a new one if I use it infrequently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom