Old Diver....:)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Portugaldive

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

This a small makeup, made ​​by a working group about vintage diving...

imagecki.png

Cya later

Very nice display of vintage equipment. Always interesting to see and compare vintage European vs US equipment

You are certainly welcome to share more.

I was in Lisbon and parts of Portugal 2 years ago- what a lovely country and very friendly people ! I wish I had known of your group then...Maybe next European trip?

SDM

You are welcome ... This group is currently in search for elements that help compose an event on the history of diving. Soon we should have some more developments on what we are able to find and share. After all this is the main objective.

We have received some precious of diving, others we found by accident .... By little more than $ 50 find the 5th edition of DEEP DIVING AND SUBMARINE OPERATIONS (1951).

:)

---------- Post added March 8th, 2013 at 04:38 PM ----------

pixlr8.png

Like this one....

A 1951 edition of Sir Robert Davis "Deep diving and submarine operations (DDSO)" for $50.00 US dollars? What a great find! I have several copies of DDSO--The last time I purchased DDSO I paid $275.00 US Dollars for the copy! Keep on searching!

The valve on the historic tank was also inported into the US in early 1950s, however the 4 star on and off knob is unique to me..don't recall seeing one in that configuration.
Also the O ring grove is unique- when they appeared on the US market the grove was larger and used a oil impregnated washer, then later a rubber washer for tank to regulator sealing, finally about 1960 the O rings appeared.

Once again a very unique item,

SDM

A 1951 edition of Sir Robert Davis "Deep diving and submarine operations (DDSO)" for $50.00 US dollars? What a great find! I have several copies of DDSO--The last time I purchased DDSO I paid $275.00 US Dollars for the copy! Keep on searching!

The valve on the historic tank was also inported into the US in early 1950s, however the 4 star on and off knob is unique to me..don't recall seeing one in that configuration.
Also the O ring grove is unique- when they appeared on the US market the grove was larger and used a oil impregnated washer, then later a rubber washer for tank to regulator sealing, finally about 1960 the O rings appeared.

Once again a very unique item,

SDM
also tefflon ring still have some rubber ones that we usto replace the tefflon with the large flat one side rubber one

I switched...to corn starch. :wink:

SeaRat

I was a young kid and if the truth be known, I used baby powder on my first dive (which looking back on it seemed appropriate). After the comments I received from the 'old salts' on my ow check-out, I opted for 'unscented talcum powder.' More appropriate for a 'newly certified diver' who was yet to get his first pimple... LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom