Old diver light magnetic switch bypass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I kinda broke the glass thing Which I’m assuming is the reed switch, is that what I need?
if you jumper the switch out will the light come on? by thge pic it looks like you did that. I have found that proximity of magnet to the reed switch can be a delicate issue. I have some pingers that have magnetic turn on and off to them. they are hard to activate or shut down.
also is this a switch that putting the north near it turns it on and south turns it off?

if you jumper the switch out will the light come on? by thge pic it looks like you did that. I have found that proximity of magnet to the reed switch can be a delicate issue. I have some pingers that have magnetic turn on and off to them. they are hard to activate or shut down.
also is this a switch that putting the north near it turns it on and south turns it off?

so the picture helped a lot more, and correct I jumped it. And yes the switch moves up and down only.

so the picture helped a lot more, and correct I jumped it. And yes the switch moves up and down only.
as the switch movement goes does it take one polarity to close the switch and the other to open. the pics tell most of the story. you will have to know how strong of a magnet is required for the new reed switch to function at the application distance. The reed switch could work properly but the magnet is too week to activate it. That will be an easy aspect to test.

That’s what seemed to happen but I broke the reed switch so I’ll need a reed switch and a correct size of magnet. How do I know what magnet to get?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom