Old diver light magnetic switch bypass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tyler najib

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello good folks, I have this vintage diver light and the magnetic switch went bad so I think it may be possible to drill a hole for an external switch with an o- ring on it to prevent water leaking
I don’t know how good this will work or if it even will. I think it will, shouldent be too hard. If it works I’ll leave this hillbilly wiring on the Internet for those of you wanting to do this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 80
How do you know this?

I had tested it by using the ground and connecting it to the positive and it lit up, it has new batteries by the way, before I did all of this, the switch was not working, the magnet was not moving the metal piece therefor it wasn’t connecting it.

Darrell Allen Light Rebuild Mod I

Photo #3 & 7 show the reed switch on the inside of the case. The magnet is on the outside in the actuator, and could be bad, or missing, so check that before tearing apart the switch.

I couldn’t find one sadly. I’m still looking for one

Watch for a cheap case for sale and hope for the best.

In the interim you might try fixing that switch, if possible.

Good luck

Bob

So I kinda broke the glass thing Which I’m assuming is the reed switch, is that what I need?

Look like this.

Attachments

• 65EC1D1C-C3D0-47C7-83D0-4FA2F2496F43.jpeg
    65EC1D1C-C3D0-47C7-83D0-4FA2F2496F43.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 64
Works like this.

Attachments

• E133AF9B-9DA0-45F0-8BF5-1D9746C3A2AB.png
    E133AF9B-9DA0-45F0-8BF5-1D9746C3A2AB.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 58
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back