Old, discontinued threads-Inquiring minds want to know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pilot fish:
...the lady that claimed to be gropped at depth by a DM in Mexico
OK, I can see some interest in the results of a diving accident investigation, and discussion which leads to education and safer diving. But I don't see the interest in pursuing an incident where some poor person was groped.

Why do you want to know?

Rick Inman:
OK, I can see some interest in the results of a diving accident investigation, and discussion which leads to education and safer diving. But I don't see the interest in pursuing an incident where some poor person was groped.

Why do you want to know?
His National Enquirer subscription lapsed.:wink:

Rick Inman:

Why do you want to know?

I find it curious that a DM would grope a woman at depth while she's wearing a wetsuit and BC, while the husband was close by. Did he grope her, or was he reaching for her dump chord? If he gropped her, cut his snorkel off, but if he didn't, he should be cleared. We were left hanging with just one side of the story.

Also, why did the Doctor leave the safety of the mooring ball and perish shortly after? What can we learn from these two incidents?

pilot fish:
are the lady that claimed to be gropped at depth by a DM in Mexico

let's please let this one rest. you either believed her or you didn't (i did) and
dragging it back up isn't going to change anything. there's nothing that could
possibly change this, other than the guy's confesion, and that's not going to happen.

by the way, if you remember the thread, it was much more than "groping" at depth. her life was in danger.

pilot fish:
I find it curious that a DM would grope a woman at depth while she's wearing a wetsuit and BC, while the husband was close by. Did he grope her, or was he reaching for her dump chord?

like i said, you don't even remember her story.

at any rate, it will still be just her word, so your curiosity will not be satisfied.

Pilot Fish is mixing up what another poster in the same thread recounted about what happened to her at depth while her husband was surfacing, NOT the original poster.

If we know that there was an investigation, the perpetrator was in police custody at the time, and he was expelled from PADI, as was confirmed last year, there is nothing more we need resolved in this thread.

The Spiegel Grove incident that Pilot Fish mentioned was covered ad nauseum in the original thread, mainly by PF, as I recall, and the various contributing factors were all discussed in that thread.

Like others have said, coroners reports don't tell us the real story, because they only confirm the eventual cause of death to be drowning. They usually do not determine what factors contributed to the situation in the first place.

Rick Inman:

Why do you want to know?

Have to agree with Rick here. If you want juicy gossip pick up an Enquirer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom