Okinawa Water Temps needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeahorseDeb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings! I'll be coming to Okinawa in late March to see my family and will be diving one day. Please advise what the water temp is down to about 50 feet if possible. I'll be bringing either my drysuit or wetsuit (temp determines which). I've dove cold water for all 450 dives except two in Hawaii's 80 degree water. Thanks!!!!

Hi Seahorse,

It will depend of course on the weather on the days just prior to your dive (rain for days or sunshine for days...) but you should be looking at 68 to 71 degrees. I dive all year in in a 3mm but add a 3mm hood with chest for the deep dives this time of year. I have skinny friends that I've seen shiver in a 7mm on a deep dive though. (probably more because the armpits don't fit their skinny shape than anything)

Also if I had only one day to dive I would jump on a boat heading out to the nearby Karama islands.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Chicken Scuba! Based on your information I'll leave my dry suit at home and bring my 5/7 wetsuit! I'll look online for yhe recommendation that you made for a boat dive, I love boat diving and do it every year so that's definitely an excellent piece of advice ! If you have a company that runs a boat that you highly recommend please shoot that information to me I'd really appreciate it!!

Back
Top Bottom