Okay, I'm certified...so now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You spend all of your money on trips, equipment, training, etc. What's hard to understand.

I just got back from Seattle. Gawd that was great. See pics in link below. :D

Well, I'm happy to report that I have my first post-certification dive now planned for next Saturday! It'll be a shore dive with Divevets in Redondo Beach. Lots of firsts here -- first dive post-cert, first beach dive, first dive in a full wetsuit, first dive in CA...woohoo!

LeeAnne

Good going LeeAnne. Make sure they know about the firsts. None of the new stuff is a big deal but there may be a few details. Remember that you'll need a rough weight check at the start and should do a follow-up when you have worked the cylinder down in weight at the end.

Pete

Pete

Thanks Pete. Yeah I've posted a few messages and exchanged a couple emails, so they know just how noob I am! This group seems very interested in welcoming and working with new divers, so I have high hopes for not only a great time, but also great opportunities to refine my skills until I feel confident.

LeeAnne

Leejnd:
Dashmatrix, it's not too far...Thousand Oaks is just past the LA County/Ventura County line. I've heard of Eco Dive Center, I'll check them out. I'm looking forward to seeing what diving in kelp is all about. :) I also was told of a dive club caled Divevets, and I've posted a messsage there, and I'm making plans to get out for a beach dive next Saturday (16th). That will be my first dive here at home!

Cool ! They do some great Catalina Island dives.

Sorry for the noobish question, but what is DIR?

DandyDon:
You spend all of your money on trips, equipment, training, etc. What's hard to understand.

I just got back from Seattle. Gawd that was great. See pics in link below. :D

Great pics. Thanks for sharing! :) I grew up in the Seattle area, but now live in Portland, OR. I imagine I'll be going up there for dives quite a bit. My parents have a house at Hood Canal, not too far from Octopus Hole. Can't wait to dive it. :D

randini:
Sorry for the noobish question, but what is DIR?

A diving methodology rooted in techical diving but finding increasing application in recreational diving. Excellence in techique, team support and a standardized configuration are hallmarks.

Also frequently regarded as egotistical since the moiker is said to stand for Do It Right implying that to dive otherwise is wrong.

This forum will let you get a flavor of the realm: http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/scuba_al80.html

Pete

wontbslow:
Great pics. Thanks for sharing! :) I grew up in the Seattle area, but now live in Portland, OR. I imagine I'll be going up there for dives quite a bit. My parents have a house at Hood Canal, not too far from Octopus Hole. Can't wait to dive it. :D
TY - it was great diving, and we have some super members on the NWOrca Bait forum. :thumb:

I'm committed to spending large sums on dive trips, but it was nice to get the $400 voucher for taking a bump in Houston on the return. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom