OK What is November in Cozumel like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What is the diving like Mid-November? I have only been in Cozumel Mid to late April in 2004 and 2005....I am thinking about diving Mid-November. Since I have to work Thanksgiving week-end....why not go to Cozumel prior for a pre-Thanksgiving Vacation.

1. What is the water and diving like? The currents and the clarity? Is there a winter change like the spring change in conditions?

2. What is the weather like? Temperature Humidity. Wind etc.

3. What about Mosquitoes? Never seen any in April...and if they are out I would know as they LOVE me!

4. Just thinking about going to Cozumel is nice......Kind of like a small Coz fix!

Thanks for your information and insight!

AZDivers in Phoenix

azsilver:
What is the diving like Mid-November? I have only been in Cozumel Mid to late April in 2004 and 2005....I am thinking about diving Mid-November. Since I have to work Thanksgiving week-end....why not go to Cozumel prior for a pre-Thanksgiving Vacation.

1. What is the water and diving like? The currents and the clarity? Is there a winter change like the spring change in conditions?

3. What about Mosquitoes? Never seen any in April...and if they are out I would know as they LOVE me!

4. Just thinking about going to Cozumel is nice......Kind of like a small Coz fix!

AZDivers in Phoenix

Been there in Nov the past 2 years. The water was mid to upper 70's if I remember correctly. Maybe a little warmer. I wore a 3mm and was quite comfortable. The currents were typical for Cozumel drift diving. Vis was 100 feet. Air temp was 80-90 degrees, mostly sunny with short rain showers a couple of the days. Humidity, not noticeable in the water. Some humidity I guess. I have never seen a mosquito there. Wind, nothing noteable.

I like it there in November, actually. Its a good time to go. Have a great time!

Julie

azsilver:

AZDivers in Phoenix

I have made several trips to Cozumel in November. Hurricane season is over and if you go before Thanksgiving Week you should have fewer people.

I always wear a well used full 3 mm suit no matter what time of the year I'm diving. My wife will opt for a dive skin and maybe a shorty on the second dive if it's cloudy and the wind had been blowing.

I see lots of folks diving with t-shirts and shorts but if I'm down for an hour I get chilled even thought the water will be about 80 degrees.

In general 100 to 150 foot visibility is the norm and we don't have a problem with the currents because we're use to them.

The climate is milder in Cozumel than Louisiana to me. We seem to have more humidity here. There is always a breeze blowing in Cozumel and we don't have that in North Louisiana. Yes, you can get hot and sweat in November. We ran the AC in the hotel room in the afternoon and at night.

We have never really been bothered with mosquitos maybe we've just been lucky.

Back
Top Bottom