OK...totally not dive related..BUT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm like a kid in a candy store! I am now connected via wireless internet and I don't think I've experienced internet this fast EVER in Cozumel! This is like internet in the states!! I am one happy girl today!!!

Ran a few bandwidth speed tests for kicks...

475kbps, 398kbps, and 516kbps respectively

Bandwidth tests from my cable modem this morning before wireless installation...
41.2kbps, 45.4kbps, and 61kbps

WHAT a difference!!!! I only know three people with this service and all three say thaty've not experienced any problems whatsoever yet. Two of them have had it for a year and were his "beta" customers.

Just wanted to share that in light of all the internet woes I've shared with you :)

Thanks for letting me :)

well good for you, nice to be able to post in real time.

Congratulations!! Gotta love the high speed and more power! :D

Christi:
I'm like a kid in a candy store! I am now connected via wireless internet and I don't think I've experienced internet this fast EVER in Cozumel! This is like internet in the states!! I am one happy girl today!!!

Bandwidth tests from my cable modem this morning before wireless installation...

WHAT a difference!!!! I only know three people with this service and all three say thaty've not experienced any problems whatsoever yet. Two of them have had it for a year and were his "beta" customers.

Just wanted to share that in light of all the internet woes I've shared with you :)

guess you didnt enjoy the '90's' - oh what we take for granted here in the states....like trying to buy a pair of teva's in cozumel...hence another reason i'd never live in coz...

Seattle is a wonderfull area, and I have great internet access 6/384 through comcast available to me at home, but man.....there are times I would give that all up to be in the warm sun down there.

Christi:

That's strange, :33: I always thought that people moved to those sunny far away climes to leave their fast paced hectic lives behind and enjoy the SLOOOOW paced atmosphere of the Caribbean.
How's about we make a deal.........I'll trade you a week of my high speed cable internet, complete with free use of the whole house and hottub, for a week of your sun and diving, with the option on your part to extend it until you get your fill. I only ask that you feed my parrot while you are here.

PM me if you want to trade!

getwet2:
That's strange, :33: I always thought that people moved to those sunny far away climes to leave their fast paced hectic lives behind and enjoy the SLOOOOW paced atmosphere of the Caribbean.
How's about we make a deal.........I'll trade you a week of my high speed cable internet, complete with free use of the whole house and hottub, for a week of your sun and diving, with the option on your part to extend it until you get your fill. I only ask that you feed my parrot while you are here.

PM me if you want to trade!

HAHA...yes, in MOST ways I love the slooow paced lifestyle, but when your business relies on e-mail, internet service is no longer a luxury :)

I'm not complaining at all...I do love this little more than not :)

Christi:

I remember when I switched from dial-up to DSL. The difference was amazing. I appreciate your joy.

Christi,

Where is this connection, in your home or at your shop? You must have the only dive shop with a wireless connection, how cool! Well anyways less time on the internet and more time diving, I'm jealous.

Christi:
HAHA...yes, in MOST ways I love the slooow paced lifestyle, but when your business relies on e-mail, internet service is no longer a luxury :)

I'm not complaining at all...I do love this little more than not :)
Soooooo....... I'll take that as you don't want to take me up on my deal, :116: oh well. It was worth a try, if you change your mind at anytime in the future just let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom