OK to Bounce Dive to 220 Fsw as...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's nothing wrong with a bounce profile even though it gets a lot of comments on Scubaboard. Multiple bounces is another matter. It is possible to bounce (for whatever reason) and still continue to have a long (shallow) dive before getting out of the water.

The reason for the bounce is not particularly important although certain groups commonly respond to the contrary (with virtually identical wording).:wink:

No the discussion was started as a fellow diver asked me what would be the issue with a bounce dive to 220?
I have had many deep dives and he was asking the possible dangers, I wanted to advise him that it isn’t the Partial Pressure that is the danger (at least not at 1.6) it is the narcosis and to attempt anything you are not trained for is risky at best.
I said along with training you must be in good shape as physiology is a great factor in many things on a dive.
Also adipose cells can harbor more micro-bubbles and being overweight doesn’t help.
Not that overweight divers shouldn’t dive so don’t get offensive if you are over weight, it is a fact cardio is a major factor in any activity.
Also the more efficient the cardio vascular system the more efficient off gassing.

Anyways my thoughts were on narcosis and getting in shape will increase your capabilities should the need arise.

I thought it was 330'...:cool2:

Go big or go home. Bounce to at least the world record depth for unlimited class breath hold diving.

:D

There's nothing wrong with a bounce profile even though it gets a lot of comments on Scubaboard. Multiple bounces is another matter.

Agreed, though I'd word it "bounces as repet dives" rather than "multiple bounces."

PADI AOW has a depth limit of 100', not 130'. 130' requires the additional couse of deep diver.
Ask these new AOW divers if they are organ donors, if you feel they are likely to go on such a foolish endevour.

Agreed, though I'd word it "bounces as repet dives" rather than "multiple bounces."

True, although I'd spell it repeat.:D

Actually, I was thinking of spear fisherman bouncing up and down for fish on the same dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom