Ok, So I have to puke underwater. Now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCollin

Reaction score
Ok, Ive never had to puke underwater. But Ive heard so many ways of doing it. Two very popular ones are putting the reg sideways in your mouth while purging it and throwing up, or just throwing up in the reg. Which is the better way? Some say the puke will just go through the reg and exit like air. Is this true? Id be worried that it would keep the Diaphragm in the down position, and Id get no air. OR it would stay in the reg and when i take a breath in. . .I happen to suck some back in and choke.. . .which isnt good underwater.

Yupp Just do it and whatever you do don't drop your reg when you puke your instinct will be to suck air in when you are done with no reg you start a whole series of new problems.

John

ScubaCollin:
So my instructer who is a master diver taught me wrong? Or is this another way of doing it?

There is more than one way to skin a cat if u get my drift.

John

The last thing you want to do when puking is to interrupt the instinctive response to inhale after you hurl. God forbid you drop the reg, cant get it hurllllll, where is the octo, damn water in the gills.....LEAVE THAT REG ALONE.

It's not a pretty sight but just vomit. One suggestion I do have is to switch to your octo so you don't have that taste lingering. Then purge your main away from you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom