OK Prowler 13 Angler vs OK Prowler Trident 13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was looking at the Venus before I bought the Trident. Thankfully, I was talked out of it. My Prowler is about the smallest you want to go..and it's 11'. But, it has a great load capacity. And it's wide and stable. And I still can flip it! :wink:

Did you buy yours online or from a store?

Both..:D
Bought it online and picked it up at the store. Florida Bay Outfitters has a sale on their rental fleet in May. RENTAL BOATS ON SALE
Have you considered maybe getting a standard color kayak and adding pink accessories/detailing? Or maybe painting it?

And I still can flip it! :wink:
:giggle:

Why does the kayak have to be pink? :confused: Safety and comfort are the key. I am totally not understanding the need for a pink kayak. :idk:

Yeah, you go ahead and laugh.. :rofl3: there's a perfectly good weight belt in 25ft of water, 150 yards off Sunrise Blvd that proves all items need to be tied down! (Thank God I put my glasses in a pouch and tied it to the yak!!)

Um, I was laughing with you, not at you. Yeah, that's my story. :snicker: Seriously, every yak diver has lost something or another, I'm glad it was your weightbelt and not something real expensive. Or your glasses or keys. Someone in Kayuba lost an entire set of gear because it wasn't securred properly.

I flipped mine once and lost nothing expensive, but I did lose my drink Koozie and a cheap pair of polarized sunglasses and a cheap pair of gloves, those items were not secured. After that, EVERYTHING is secured except for the drink just because that would be a PITA and it isn't that valuable.

Yeah I know..... It's like riding a horse. If you haven't fallen yet, you haven't been riding very long!

:rofl3: Or like flooding a camera. Not IF, but WHEN..:rofl3:

Or like bicycling...ouch...I do need to get back on that mechanical beast again one day.

Luke, Do you have a Gander Mountain near you? The one in Ocala has the pink Caper if you want to check on out. I'm feeling your pain. My wife wanted the pink one too, but the deal we found eased the color issue and besides, the one that she got was lime green (not quite as obnoxious as the pink but she was cool with it.

Thanks,

There is one in Palm Beach Gardens to the South of us. I'll have to take a drive down there and see what they have in stock.

As for the color, in fairness my wife has said she would be happy with lime green or any other color, it's just that pink is the preference. So.... I'm therefore on a mission to find this elusive 'pink kayak'!

Thanks for the store recommendation. It'll be nice to be able to see kayaks up close rather than just going by details on websites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom