OK, just have to put it out there...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang! You went all out! Sweet....and you were worried over the price of the XT and 20D...:)

From what i have see this is a fantastic camera, you have chosen well. Best of luck with it, now its onto the "What housing should i buy..." :)

Aquatica....

COngrats and enjoy your new best friend/dive buddy...
Mike

Wow.....Congratulations! I've been following this thread and would also like to offer my thanks to everyone. If and when I can justify the cost against my clear water diving opportunities, I'll at least have an idea of what to look for and where to start.

Congratulation. From all that I heard, it should be an incredible camera and the housing should not be quite as expensive as the D2X or D1sMKII either.
I expect it to have many housing options as the camera size is not too different from the 10D, D30/60 line so it should not too be too difficult for housing manufacturers to adapt their older housing for it.

Mike Veitch:
Dang! You went all out! Sweet....and you were worried over the price of the XT and 20D...:)

:D Thanks Mike, Dee and ssra30 :wink:

At first it was a question of price....then I got to thinking...with all the pictures I take (I really don't go anywhere with out a camera) and people wanting me to take pictures of them I need a real good camera, not that the others aren't - This one just has more and will keep me happy longer, making it worth the investment.

Lisa -

Hmmm, the 5D...interesting choice. Hope you adore it! Remember it is a full frame camera and you won't get any factor with it like you do on the others. Great on the Wide Angle side of things.

I just got back and haven't even put my rig together yet, but love the 20D on land so far.

lenses I ended up with:
Canon 60 + 100 macro
Sigma 10-20
Sigma 18-200 for land stuff - great fun and easy.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those three Canons or the Nikon or the Oly...glad you found one that suits YOU!

FWIW at this time I do not see my new stuff replacing my Oly 5050...the 5050 is a sweet rig and will be in my stable for ages.

As always, for those looking for new toys, it's not the camera, it's the photographer. There are many out there shooting non-dslr and getting tremendous results from them...IMHO dslr isn't right for everyone...

looks like Ike is bring out a housing by the end of the month...where can I post a thread on donations???

If you have any $$$$ left over, you can transfer it to my account :D.

justleesa:
looks like Ike is bring out a housing by the end of the month...where can I post a thread on donations???

Yeah, put me on the recipient list too! Ike may also be coming out with DS200 strobes soon and I definitely need some of that :D

Well...I got the camera on Saturday....WOW, just by taking a few land shots - what a difference!! Can't wait to get working on them.

If anyone is interested in upgrading, for now I can say the camera & lens are great. I just have a lot of learning to do (so many new BUTTONS to press :D)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom