OK, just have to put it out there...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread has been active 3 months. Technology changes so fast in this game... So does the "best" camera du jour.

I am waiting for the Nikon D200 out now, and Ikelite housing out in February. I'm very happy with the D70 for land shots, and have many Nikon lenses, so this is a no-brainer for me. The macro lenses are astounding, and the 12-24 zoom sounds like a great one for general UW.

I've been happy with the Olympus point and shoot cameras, but they seem to have dropped high end development with the 7070, so I am wary of making further investments in that line. I think they have been overwhelmed by Nikon and Canon in the DSLR game. Time will tell, but for now Nikon and Canon DSLRs are much safer bets.

Well I have had the camera for 3 weeks now and am having FUN! :D...I am very impressed with the technology, the possibilities and the quality...just isn't as easy to walk around with baby size camera as it was with a cigarette box size camera :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom