ok im the NEW GUY and i have a question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

911_abuser wrote
How long does a tank typically last you all?

and

What is the average depth at which you dive?
Depends on the tank and the dive, doesn't it?

One of my 104s can last almost two hours, on a shallowish (say < 60') dive.

I dive aluminum 80's in a drysuit in cold water. I found that there is no real answer for my own diving. My buddy is often the determining factor in how long I dive. I found that when I dove in the tropics, I could stay down longer than in coldwater as I didn't need the extra gas for drysuit squeeze adjustments and I believe that overall in coldwater you are not as efficient with your breathing. Most of the dives I like to do are around 80 feet at the deepest but since I like to stay down longer, I typically multi-profile steps up to the surface to extend my bottom time.

As someone's signature says...your mileage may vary.

Brian

Tanks can last decades if treated properly. I have two tanks made in 88, one from 78 and one from 62.

My average depth for all dives since day 1 is 61 ft.

Lets say if you are new diver on a AL 80 1st year of diving with a max depth of 60fsw, it should last about 20-30 min. As your experience progresses you should be able to to 60fsw rec. dives for about an hour or more.

60fsw multi-level dive for over an hour on an AL80, all the time... You just posted here a 119fsw dive for 53 min.

And the definition?

Maybe I could have said, as you diving experience progressed your breathing would have also.

dsgobie once bubbled...
60fsw multi-level dive for over an hour on an AL80, all the time... You just posted a 119fsw dive for 53 min.

And the definition? /B]

the key factor is the word RECREATION. If you pull out the good old PADI RECREATIONAL dive planner you will see that the NDL for a 60 foot dive is 55 minutes. Anything more than that is no longer REC it's TEC.

Back
Top Bottom