OK...I have to ask..what is this "friend" thing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also thought it was a little weird when I got friend requests from people I've never communicated with, but I just accepted them, because I figured what was the harm. I have no idea what the purpose is to have one of these so called "friends". Maybe I should ask my 14 yr. old son.

It's not post count that counts anymore, it's friends count.

Hee hee, it's an easy way to spot those of us who have nothing to do with the sites like MySpace and Facebook! :wink:

Actually it doesn't seem to be related to the function on those sites (I have a teenage daughter). On those sites, friendship determines who has access to see your profile, ability to read your newsfeed, post messages on your wall, add pictures to your photos page, etc. I can't tell that it does anything here other than create a list.

At least all the requests I've gotten so far are from people I have interacted with on the board and they are not weird people. Most of them anyway. :=)

Why won't you be my friend Piikki?

Was just stalking her , I mean viewing her profile and she does not have any friends:no. I have three:D:D:D. Nyah nyah nyah

I can't tell that it does anything here other than create a list.
That seems to be it. For the time being at least.

Oh, that, and the part where it says "John_B has not made any friends yet" which sounds rather pathetic in a Jr. High sort of way... :rofl3:

At least all the requests I've gotten so far are from people I have interacted with on the board and they are not weird people. Most of them anyway. :=)
From what I've heard... You will need to define "weird" for everyone :D

Was just stalking her , I mean viewing her profile and she does not have any friends:no. I have three:D:D:D. Nyah nyah nyah

Stalking huh . . . HMM Maybe thats why she doesn;t "friend" people . . .

what was he doing with her stocking?

i like the list
i dont have to go back through all the threads trying to find um . . .

Okay, this whole thing is strange .... and even funnier - you can go in and 'break' your friendship with a friend. So I guess if you tick off your friends you get booted out of the friendship!:11:

Okay, this whole thing is strange .... and even funnier - you can go in and 'break' your friendship with a friend. So I guess if you tick off your friends you get booted out of the friendship!:11:
Yup, Jr. High all over again. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom