OK...I have to ask..what is this "friend" thing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok my name is now on your profile page. Nice fish pic by the way. Yeah I find having my name tagged on someone else's profile a little creepy. When did they add this feature?

Thanks! I took that photo in Cozumel last year.

Hee hee, it's an easy way to spot those of us who have nothing to do with the sites like MySpace and Facebook! :wink:

Has anyone also noticed that now if you look at someone's profile your name stays there on a list of recent visitors. Also has creep factor, to me at least. It's like your being followed and tracked. :confused:

I'd like to know if there's an option in our profiles to block these features. I've looked and can't find one. I'm really not anti-social, I'm just not 16 or into this sort of stuff (which is why I don't bother with the Facebook type sites).

Just for that I looked into your profile :D - even though I've been nearly boycotting that since I noticed the new feature. I appreciate anonymity more than the next person, it seems, and don't like the tracking either. I wonder how many people feel awkward about it too.

I don't mind if others enjoy the friendship game, and want to play with collected points/names or whatever fun but please let me browse without announcing my path. I am weird.

PS. Dangit while I wrote several people thought of the same thing..

scubawife:
Has anyone also noticed that now if you look at someone's profile your name stays there on a list of recent visitors. Also has creep factor, to me at least. It's like your being followed and tracked.

At least it doesn't tell how many times you've checked out someone's profile. That could get interesting.

I think it means when they need to borrow money they go to their friends....:rofl3:

Money? Why ask for money when you can ask for free boat rides? Christi, I'll be there in October for mine. :wink:

Michael

At least it doesn't tell how many times you've checked out someone's profile. That could get interesting.

One can always start narrowing it down when there are 29 visitors and 1084 visits...

Thanks! I took that photo in Cozumel last year.

It is a really nice shot. Do you do much UW photoging?

By the way, your profile says you haven't made any friends here yet. That in of itself seems a bit odd and unfriendly for the site to tag you. So with that in mind, I would be glad to request you as a friend as I am sure many of the other thread participants would also be glad to do. We don't want you looking like an out cast, but we aren't trying to stake you either!

It is a really nice shot. Do you do much UW photoging?

By the way, your profile says you haven't made any friends here yet. That in of itself seems a bit odd and unfriendly for the site to tag you. So with that in mind, I would be glad to request you as a friend as I am sure many of the other thread participants would also be glad to do. We don't want you looking like an out cast, but we aren't trying to stake you either!
I rejected the requests I got. :D ...well, once I figured out how to do that. The first few days they just sat there in the notifications.

I think someone should start "The Great Friendship Request/Profile Visit Baiting Thread" to be honest :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom