OK...I have to ask..what is this "friend" thing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi:
OK...I have to ask..what is this "friend" thing?

It's where people you don't know (pathetic stalkers) creep you out by asking to be your friend.

Teamcasa:
We are discussing it...

This is far from clear. What exactly are you discussing? Keeping the feature vs canning it? Some type of modification?

I'm still trying to figure it out too.

For now, I just use it to know who does not hate me.

(hey, Walter, Niiiiiiice profile, honey) you are really cute for an old dude. I might send you one of those "old guys rule" shirts, stalker style.

I plan to put my 1974 C card on my profile, maybe then I can get a little respect.

Discussing whether Howard is a geek...or not?:11:

well then....discussion over he's a geek:D

Ban the "friends" option....it is way too creepy:eyebrow:

I'm still trying to figure it out too.

For now, I just use it to know who does not hate me.

(hey, Walter, Niiiiiiice profile, honey) you are really cute for an old dude. I might send you one of those "old guys rule" shirts, stalker style.

I plan to put my 1974 C card on my profile, maybe then I can get a little respect.

Was there certification in '74?

Don't send it, Darlin', bring it.

Yep...glad someone else said it...it's creepy...especially from people I've never had one single communication with or even participated in a thread with...

Hee hee, it's an easy way to spot those of us who have nothing to do with the sites like MySpace and Facebook! :wink:

Has anyone also noticed that now if you look at someone's profile your name stays there on a list of recent visitors. Also has creep factor, to me at least. It's like your being followed and tracked. :confused:

I'd like to know if there's an option in our profiles to block these features. I've looked and can't find one. I'm really not anti-social, I'm just not 16 or into this sort of stuff (which is why I don't bother with the Facebook type sites).

I'm checking your profile SW, don't freak out! :D

Has anyone also noticed that now if you look at someone's profile your name stays there on a list of recent visitors. Also has creep factor, to me at least. It's like your being followed and tracked. :confused:

Ok my name is now on your profile page. Nice fish pic by the way. Yeah I find having my name tagged on someone else's profile a little creepy. When did they add this feature?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom