OK I give. What is DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't matter, I still got a bcd and a set of Mares regs gathering dust here.

It actually is from the Jonestown event, and it means following somebody or something down a stupid path, such as what happened in Jonestown

that's actually what it's a reference too. In otherwords, "mindlessly" believing what you are told... though it's also become something of a joke amongst DIR divers as well... but frequently it's used by non-DIR divers in their attempt to poke jabs at DIR and it's proponents.

kidspot:
that's actually what it's a reference too. In otherwords, "mindlessly" believing what you are told... though it's also become something of a joke amongst DIR divers as well... but frequently it's used by non-DIR divers in their attempt to poke jabs at DIR and it's proponents.
so you drank the koolaid didn't you :wink:

Some of us LIKE Koolaid . . . :)

Daylonious:
It's a philosophy and a series of classes based in that philosophy. DIR began with a book by Jarrod Jablonski called Doing It Right: The Fundamentals of better Diving

In a nutshell: DIR is setting up specific equipment in a specific manner to maximize diver safety.

<ducks>

D.

not even close...

JeffG:
Yes...DIR is like that isn't it.

He shouldn't even be asking, since he just bought a Ranger and an AIR2. He might not like the answers.

I purchased a Zeagle Brigade with an Octo+ inflator. It's a nice bc if you are not into the DIR thing. But as a fellow diver pointed to me, eBay is your friend.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom