ok guys what do you wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and he's not a fat guy by any means. Certainly won't hurt any girls eyes to see him, speedo, briefs or whatever.
Maybe I'm a bit biased but he certainly doesn't have a beer belly, or any other type of belly.

I wear a Speedo, but then again, it's a girl's Speedo. I like it because it covers more than a normal women's one-piece which doesn't leave the possibility of unitentional flashing that some cheaper suits are prone too. :wink:

I do have to agree with "dress for your size" and I don't care if it's directed at a man or a woman. When I weighed 200lbs I dressed for my size, and I still do now at 135. If you look stuffed in your clothes, you're probablly uncomfortable being stuffed into them. Just get the next size up or so, you'll look and feel better.
--Shannon

sberanek:
I wear a Speedo, but then again, it's a girl's Speedo. I like it because it covers more than a normal women's one-piece which doesn't leave the possibility of unitentional flashing that some cheaper suits are prone too.

I do have to agree with "dress for your size" and I don't care if it's directed at a man or a woman. When I weighed 200lbs I dressed for my size, and I still do now at 135. If you look stuffed in your clothes, you're probablly uncomfortable being stuffed into them. Just get the next size up or so, you'll look and feel better.
--Shannon

I also wear a women's speedo type swimsuit. And hey, I’m heavier than I’d like to be. But even at my thinnest, which was quite slender and fit, I wasn’t Swedish bikini team material! Unfortunately, being that I lack a rack, swimsuit options are quite limited for me. There’s something of an assumption that the big girls should also be packing D cups! And be six foot tall!

I may not have a swimsuit body, but I am not about to live my life in dork shorts and baggy T-shirts while I’m at the beach to improve the view for someone else. I’ve never been really wild about lying on the beach, at any weight, although I’ve lived in Hawaii most my life. I usually throw on some sort of cover-up when not in the water. I’m still trying to keep my nice skin too!

And quite frankly, too tight clothes don’t even look nice on more slender gals! I’ve seen lots of gals wearing hiphugger pants, with their curves bulging over the top, muffin-like! Gals that I didn’t think need to lose an ounce!

Nemrod:
Just one more observation before I head out, a guy asks what to wear under his wetsuit and look at all the women with opinions, give an opinion on what they should wear and they get all fussy. My, my, a double standard it seems. It would seem "nuthuggers" at least as appropriate as big butt huggers, you would think? Rhetorical question of course, not expecting logic from the --never mind.

N

You were the one who stirred the pot with a post that was rather offensive and feeds the insecurity for a lot of women in America. Not that they’re all fat, but even the thinnest young girl likely is insecure about their body. These days it’s especially epidemic!

The Logic Theorist:
Although, should you choose to wear a speedo, you can rest assured that there will always be some european guy around wearing one who looks worse in it than you do.

Personally, I’d live thru a million fat European men in speedos, for a chance to repeat the view of a gorgeous, young Aussie man in a speedo who joined our dive charter in the Philippines! Next best thing to the diving:D

Wear what you want, but if you have the body of an Adonis and you’re wearing a speedo, don’t think for a minute that I won’t be admiring the view while I’m hiding behind my Ray-bans!:biggrin3:

MeiLing:
Personally, I’d live thru a million fat European men in speedos, for a chance to repeat the view of a gorgeous, young Aussie man in a speedo who joined our dive charter in the Philippines! Next best thing to the diving:D

ah-ha, i know what you mean. it was a 40-year old german in my case, but ahhhh, if u get to see one like that on every dive, you wouldn't mind what the rest would look like.

maybe he is diving in the wrong area. lol.

Furry, hot pink and neon yellow, tiger striped thong..... I have pics if anyone wants em...

I've seen furry men in brightly colored thongs, but I don't know about men in brightly colored furry thongs. :wink:

"There’s something of an assumption that the big girls should also be packing D cups! And be six foot tall!"

I feel your pain! Apparently the assumption is that shorter than average girls (me...boreder line petite for some clothing things) can't have D cups so finding things that aren't tight in the chest or have enough support (i.e. bathing suits) is a real pain in the booty.

I still haven't figured out why skinny girls with very little fat squeeze themselves into pants that make them have the ol' muffin top.

For some reason I always like to have a towel/sarong/skirt on the bottom with my bathing suit if I'm doing a lot of moving about because I feel like everyone is looking at my glowing, lily white, non-tanning legs. I guess it helps appease the "no fatties" guys when my weight has fluxuated up too. *sigh* :p

JCAT:
Spandex shorts with board shorts over those. When it's time to dive, remove board shorts and put wetsuit on.

Exactly. I also wear a rash guard T shirt. It's quick,easy and you don't have to carry a dry bag full of clothes on the boat with you.
:palmtree: Bob

Back
Top Bottom