ok guys what do you wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL, the fat guys in speedos in Bonaire probably think they look pretty good too miss redhead, not to include myself. You guys tease so easy and get so serious. N

Does he take off his wetsuit on the boat?

I don't care what anyone wears . . . in all cases I do my best to be discrete and mind my own business . . .

Of course, I also spent a lot of time in old barracks where you'd be sitting on the pot (which didn't have any walls around it) and some naked guy would be brushing his teeth 2' in front of you . . . *shudder* Man those WWII era barracks were nasty . . .

I wear a Speedo under some UDT shorts. The Speedo keeps everthing "in place" during the boat ride.
I haven't convinced myself to wear only the Speedo yet.

I wear a lycra skin. Under it I wear a bikini. I think for my 42 years I have a decent enough body not to be embarrassed by a bikini. I do go for a little more coverage in the tummy and rear than I used to though.

bookboarder:
Hmmmm... I wonder at what point one becomes 'walrus' material. LOL. I'm 5'3" and weigh between 115-120 lbs. BUT, I'm very pale, so I feel walrus-esque at all times. I wear a bikini, but now I'm thinking I should wear long johns so I don't frighten anyone.
Try the spray on Neutrogena fake tan. It's awesome. Very natural looking and will make you look thinner and fitter. You are certainly not a walrus at your weight and height!!

Plenty of people wear regular swim trunks or board shorts. I had this same question before my OW class as I really did not want to wear a speedo. I wear board shorts, and although they do bunch up a bit under the wetsuit, I really don't notice it at all when I'm in the midst of gearing up, making sure all my **** works, and getting into the water. Once I'm in the water if I'm worried about some bunched up material on my thighs, its a pretty boring dive.

Although, should you choose to wear a speedo, you can rest assured that there will always be some european guy around wearing one who looks worse in it than you do.

tracydr:
I wear a lycra skin. Under it I wear a bikini. I think for my 42 years I have a decent enough body not to be embarrassed by a bikini. I do go for a little more coverage in the tummy and rear than I used to though.

I wear a snug-fitting one piece tank. I've had some close calls in bikinis....

Back
Top Bottom