OK, 'fess up.... the Dark Side of Solo...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did feel bad in particular though for the guy that happened to run into me when I was trying to see how much silt I could create.
LMAO... Just make the cloud bigger... and then just disappear! :confused:

I planned and executed my first "real" solo dive yesterday. I've soloed on scooters before, but that just didn't seem like solo diving, because I always made an effort to never be more than a 5 min swim from an exit point.
This time, I was the only soul in the water at my local quarry...and it was glorious! I could wander where I liked, poke around at my leisure, and I confess...I made the biggest silt cloud just because I liked seeing the silt billow up like a little A-bomb. I even (OMG) flutter kicked in doubles, just because it had been so long since I had flutter kicked...turns out I'm still no good at it LOL.
The only issue I had was when it came to gearing up and gearing down. My boyfriend was waiting on shore for me, and helped me with my gear, but it would have sucked to be truly alone. Other than that, I had a blast! My boyfriend was actually more nervous about my solo diving than I was (which is why I probably won't make it a habit...my learning to cave dive doesn't bother him at all, but the idea of me being alone underwater scares the poo out of him).

For all the above reasons as well as...
I can actually burn through a whole cylinder of air without my dive being interrupted by "my buddy" giving me a "low on air" gesture .

A free-flow CESA (essentially Solo, because your dive buddy is nowhere in sight). . .

This is Dave

evanhs.jpg

Hockeynut, I just checked your profile and was disappointed to see that that isn't your real photo in your avatar. It was enought to cause me to re-think my decision to dive without a buddy! :D

Hockeynut, I just checked your profile and was disappointed to see that that isn't your real photo in your avatar. It was enought to cause me to re-think my decision to dive without a buddy! :D

You mean you would dive with me if I looked like that? And wasn't a dude?

See, this is why I solo, all you divers are shallow people!!!:rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom