Ok, before i spend 1K, let me ask some questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As ChrisM says....shoot until your finger bleeds! Take pics of any and everything, the 'film' is free! Learn that camera like the back of your hand. When you get underwater, you'll be so glad you did!

Dee:
As ChrisM says....shoot until your finger bleeds! Take pics of any and everything, the 'film' is free! Learn that camera like the back of your hand. When you get underwater, you'll be so glad you did!

Hey Dee, what size card you think si good? I see some people using the 4 gig cards , then they have the 1 gig, and so on, what do u prefere? How many shots will a 1 gig card hold if the res is maxed out?

I use a 256mg or 512mg CF with the 32 (64?)mg Xd card that came with my camera. I get 134, *I think*, SHQ pics on the 512CF. My theory is....

On a dive trip, I change the camera batteries every 2nd dive. Since I have to open the housing, I go ahead and change the card, too. At the end of the day, I download them both to my laptop. Locally, I change batteries and cards every 3 dives. If I had a 1-4 gig card and something happened to it (they aren't infallable) then I've lost them all. By using the smaller cards and downloading or changing often, I have a better chance of keeping them all. To view the pics on a card, it's a pain to have to go through hundreds of pics. For my money, the 256 and 512mg CF cards are the best for they way I like to use them. For the money, I'd rather have several 512/256mg cards. I recently bought the Viking 512 for $69, after $30 rebate.

I'd stay away from the Microdrives. They are mini hard drives with moveable parts, which aren't all that stable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom