Ok, Against my Better Judgement - 7/27-7/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall

Contributor
Reaction score
I have always wanted to attend the Sportsfisherman's Lobster season the last Wed/Thur in July. Lately, I've heard it gets a bit 'crowded and crazy' during those two days, but since I found "The Diversity", I feeling a little more comfortable with taking the plunge.

So, I am flying in 7/27 and leaving on the 31st. I hope to hit AM/PM dives on the 28th, and just do relaxing drift dives after that.

I hope I can break my string of 1 bug per trip. That becomes one expensive lobster dinner!

See Y'all then!

I know what you mean!

I was spoiled my first season when we filled a freezer with tails in the Keys. A little while later, Andrew interrupted power and all we hadn't eaten was lost.

Returning to Florida just a couple years ago, my first time back cost me about $150/tail before "penalties." I had no equipment and no clue how to use a snare. We tried boat rides, shore dives... everything but Publix.

I finally figured it out, though, and the last night out I snared one with ease. It was fortunate because there were few left along Hollywood by that night, but it was UNfortunate because I measured him wrong (the bug was about 1/16th of an inch too small - I'm not exaggerating). So, on top of the $150/tail I had already spent I was fined another $150.

Needless to say, I don't get real excited over mini-season anymore. I don't even really *like* Florida lobster meat anymore LOL.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom