Ohio diver dead after diving Lake Erie shipwreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heard second hand that it may have been a training dive…..possibly CCR normoxic trimix. Not that it has anything to do with the accident. But sounds like he was in good hands with other experienced divers nearby. Which makes it so strange…..

One possibility based on updated news report might be a caustic cocktail event. Very sad if it was one, as not much can be done underwater if severe enough.

Not familiar with the Hollis Prisim2 so don’t know how flood tolerant it is. Very sad if it was a caustic cocktail…..
if you don't mind me asking what is a "caustic cocktail event"? im not a CCR diver just curious

if you don't mind me asking what is a "caustic cocktail event"? im not a CCR diver just curious

I just finished reading this myself - it is a chemical burn causing mixture of water and CO2 absorbent.

Attachments

• 2828E957-2B46-4825-970E-97648D92B3CA.png
    2828E957-2B46-4825-970E-97648D92B3CA.png
    320 KB · Views: 99
This is not completely accurate. His name was Tyler Cullinan and he was 32 years old. Diving on a rebreather. Such a sad loss.
Somehow, when I read the first post, I thought it might be a rebreather diver.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom