Oh no...I have a date!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPEEDSTER once bubbled...
O-ring, nope, wasn't me trying to call. I don't think I have your #, pm me with it just in case we need to contact each other while away from our computers. (yeah right, as if!!) I'll pm you mine.

That'd be cool if we could get a little SB get-together in cave country!

Blue Space, thanks for the well wishes, I think I'm going to need it.:wink:

-M
Check your PM box. I just sent Tyler an email asking if we need to do the GUE student paperwork on the website again. My gut feeling is that we do, but I will pass that along when he responds to me so we can all get that squared away before we head down.

I just finished reattaching my drysuit hose to my left post and removing my MC pack and argon loop :( , so I guess I am getting close to ready. Still deciding on whether or not to bring my rockboots and turtles or bring my jetfins and pick up some appropriate booties at EE....I asked him about that too.

I'm in Montreal right now, but I'll be back Friday night. Communications will be sporadic at best till then with me.

I am going to be bringing my jets and my turtles/rockboots just in case.

O-ring, the room is under my name at the Cadillac. Let me know about the paperwork.

I can't believe that it is so close.

Tyler said to go up there and do the paperwork just like we did for our last GUE classes. I am sticking with my rockboots/turtles for the class..

O-ring once bubbled...
I am sticking with my rockboots/turtles for the class..

You rule dude....ya might want to bungee up that new wing while you're at it...BTW...have fun, and drink a few cold beers for me while you are in FL!!!

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

You rule dude....ya might want to bungee up that new wing while you're at it...BTW...have fun, and drink a few cold beers for me while you are in FL!!!
Hehe...darn you Big-t..

:alert:

O-ring once bubbled...

We will be down there for class the 1st - 6th.

We should hook up...I am going to try to meet Chickdiver, Diesel, and a couple others for dinner. Maybe we can get a group together.

Keep me in the loop about a get together up there. I am available on weekends. I'll PM you my number.

Good luck with cave class, guys. I just finished mine, and almost wish I could do it again.

Does that make me a masochist?

:eek:

Nah, just a perfectionist.

:wink:

Just remember to relax, think things through, and don't waste your time and his trying to anticipate your instructor's next move. Trust me on this one. Seriously.

That's one thing about the class trip reports on the net: they're great for giving you a taste of what you can expect, so you can gauge if the class is right for you and if your skills are approximately up to the task, but when they give away too many secrets, you don't get the full value of your training. You're not surprised and reacting normally, but rather keyed up and nervous, which reduces the effectiveness of the scenario and makes things difficult for your instructor. And when things deviate from what you've come to expect, it can be unnecessarily confusing.

Another thing: If you haven't trained for the swim test in water as cold as the spring runs, you may have an unpleasant surprise ahead. I trained in a heated pool, knew the springs would be colder, but didn't appreciate how much colder. Let's just say I never caught my breath between the time I jumped in and when the swim ended. So much for proper form and breathing! :D

Great incentive for setting a personal best on that trial, though.

Last item: If you're taking tanks with you, take two sets or prepare to rent an extra from your instructor. The reports I'd read indicated getting fills between dives, but we simply switched doubles and filled at the end of the day.

Must be able to swim at least 300 yards/275 meters in less than 12 minutes without stopping.
Must be able to swim a distance of at least 60 feet/18 meters on a breath hold.
This should be fun..

I had the oppertunity to meet Tyler last weekend, he was one of our DIR-F instructors. A first class instructor and nice guy. Now why you want to go in caves is beyond me.

herman once bubbled...
I had the oppertunity to meet Tyler last weekend, he was one of our DIR-F instructors. A first class instructor and nice guy. Now why you want to go in caves is beyond me.
Maybe if the boats got out once in a while up here I wouldn't have to resort to caves :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom