Oh goody, another newbie.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giggi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I'm new to diving (just did my first OW in Cozumel last week) and to this board. I've been told that it was a bad idea to do my first OWs in Cozumel because now I am totally spoiled and won't like quarry diving in the midwest, but I don't know. I guess I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

I browsed your boards before I decided to join. I really have to say that I appreciate all the info, especially for female divers, since there aren't a lot of us out there that I've had the pleasure to meet.

To a great place to visit, meet some interesting folks, and learn lots about the sport you will become addicted to (if you haven't already).

Don't give up on your local diving, fresh water - cool (alright to some cold) water diving is great!

Hi Giggi and welcome to the board. If your in northern Illinois your with in striking distance of Lake Michigan. Mission one, join a dive club. This will keep you involved and give you access to many activities. Mission two, dive the great lakes.
I haven't been to Coz yet. I've been to Northern California and Hawaii though. The way I see it your going to trade colorfull plant life and fish for the best wreck diving in the world. Both places have thier advantages. Guess what. You'll enjoy both!

Have fun and Welcome.

Jim:)

Welcome to the boards!!

If your like me........ you'll have to get into the local coldwater diving.

It's just waaaaay to long to go without diving between warmwater trips!!
:wink:

I enjoy both!!

welcome to the board Giggi

...from a fellow midwesterner! Yes, there aren't as many female divers, but I love the M 2 F ratio, yes yes I do!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom