Offshore Panama City dive on Friday, May 13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyRobinson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all,

Two of us are signed up for an offshore charter with Panama City Dive Charters (Captain Pat Green) on Friday, May 13, 2011. Our first dive will be on the Tarpon, a natural wreck from 1937. I guess the second dive will be something on the way in. I believe the cost is $90 plus tax and tips. If you are interested in a dive with a little history, email him at captpat@panamacitydivecharters.com. Include your cell number in the email and let him know of any equipment, air, nitrox needs. The website is Panama City Dive Charters- Dive Shop.

You can also call the shop at 850-588-8077. There is a good chance this will be the first trip on our new 32' 6 pack boat but we may end up putting everyone on Better Bottom Time if we get more than 6.

What are the water temps?

You can also call the shop at 850-588-8077

Or better yet, stop in! I was there last weekend, and Pat has a TON of new spearfishing gear in the shop, as well new t-shirts, regs, and a nice selection of LP and HP tanks, from 19cf to 108cf. Some of the spearfishing stuff I've never seen at any other shop.

The cherry on top is the hot-dog vendor out in front of the shop :eyebrow: It's hard to find a REAL Chicago Dog around here, but the guy in front of Pat's shop knows how to make them right. Eating Chicago Dogs is a great way to pass the time while your tanks are getting filled.

Or better yet, stop in! I was there last weekend, and Pat has a TON of new spearfishing gear in the shop, as well new t-shirts, regs, and a nice selection of LP and HP tanks, from 19cf to 108cf. Some of the spearfishing stuff I've never seen at any other shop.

The cherry on top is the hot-dog vendor out in front of the shop :eyebrow: It's hard to find a REAL Chicago Dog around here, but the guy in front of Pat's shop knows how to make them right. Eating Chicago Dogs is a great way to pass the time while your tanks are getting filled.

I think that vendor was there back in Oct when I was there. If not he was in the area. I knew I should of got one of those dogs. And yes Pat does have a great place and crew on his boat. I will be there in July for a getaway dive trip.

Hey everyone. I would love to get in on a charter, i just have a few questions. I am nitrox certified and have done 2 nitrox dives both offshore ( also my first boat dives), the deepest was about 60 feet. This would be my first wreck dive and I haven't done any dives deeper than 70 feet, how deep will these offshore dives be? I am planning on emailing Pat, I just wanted to run my current dive experience with the rest of this thread first.

The Tarpon is 95 ft to the bottom. It was one of the few that I know of in PCB that sunk by a storm and not by the local Navy base. It should be a good dive.

The Tarpon is a great dive. Print out the survey map from the underwater preserves site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom