Officially a Swamper! Valhalla Trip with SIS 11/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooops.. TROY sorry. (At first I had Tony, then scratched it out and wrote Terry....it's that ADD kicking in again!)

The stairs aren't that bad really, Timeliner and I did three dives carrying tanks up and down the stairs and we were okay.

Now crawling up and down a ladder in full dive gear would have been a totally different story...

D.

richerso:
Timeliner ! ! ! Did you really do a round trip? Holy crap ! ! ! ! I can't imagine! God be with you! . . .. . . . and I am not much into religion. . . . . . but God be with you.

Timeliner,
Good diving with you ! I look forward to it again some time soon.
Two, kind of; sort of; recommendations: (ie. let's look into possibilities): let's look into Ray Roberts Lake and also Moss Lake (Gainesville). What do you think?

Yes... I felt pretty good once I was on the road so I just went through to Paris

Ray Roberts~ Moss Lake..
Hmmmmmmm :06: Gonna have to look into that... they are pretty close to us though so maybe.

Daylonious and Timeliner, nice diving with you guys at Valhalla. Wish I could have stayed to do a third, but it was like pulling teeth to get the wife to let me out of the house Saturday. You know, her day off so she thinks I should automatically spend it doing something with her. If I could only get her into diving.........life would be great.

Anyway, it was nice meeting you guys. Maybe I can dive with you Swampers again sometime.

Timeliner, when I was in college at Sam Houston State, I knew a guy from Paris. His name was Kirk Johnson. He would be about 38 or 39 now. Don't know how long you have been there, but does that name ring a bell??

dirthead:
Anyway, it was nice meeting you guys. Maybe I can dive with you Swampers again sometime.

Timeliner, when I was in college at Sam Houston State, I knew a guy from Paris. His name was Kirk Johnson. He would be about 38 or 39 now. Don't know how long you have been there, but does that name ring a bell??

Cool to meet up with you too ! I've lived in Paris for 15 years and I can't say that I know Kirk. Hey Dirthead... 2 questions... Did you get any good photos at the bottom of the silo?? 2nd : Where do you live?

Hey Timeliner,

I live in Brownwood. None of the pics I took on the bottom turned out. They were all either completely black, or there was so much particulate in the picture you couldn't make out anything. My underwater photography skills really need some work.

There aren't any good dive spots close to Brownwood. Lake Travis, Comal River, Lake PK and Lake Whitney are the closest, but still a couple hours drive to each.

Mine didn't turn out too good either... only got a partial shot of the General Dynamics plate showing the type and year of construction of the silo. Was using a throwaway disposable camera with no flash, tried to light it with the Princeton Tec LED.. I'm a photo newbie, so I think my impromptu "strobe" was a little close..

D.

Timeliner - yours come out any better?

Daylonious:
Mine didn't turn out too good either... only got a partial shot of the General Dynamics plate showing the type and year of construction of the silo. Was using a throwaway disposable camera with no flash, tried to light it with the Princeton Tec LED.. I'm a photo newbie, so I think my impromptu "strobe" was a little close..

D.

Timeliner - yours come out any better?

I have not had them developed yet but I'll post them if they come out OK.

Is this the same place that is for sale on this web-site?
http://www.missilebases.com/

TX - 11 acres, electrical and plumbing in LCC, hilltop with scrub trees overlooking valley, 2 water wells, LCC stripped to bare concrete ready for creative design, silo tube used for scuba diving, asphalt entry road. Background check necessary to buy. Shown to serious and capable buyers only.

Price: $230,000.00

colt:
Is this the same place that is for sale on this web-site?
http://www.missilebases.com/

TX - 11 acres, electrical and plumbing in LCC, hilltop with scrub trees overlooking valley, 2 water wells, LCC stripped to bare concrete ready for creative design, silo tube used for scuba diving, asphalt entry road. Background check necessary to buy. Shown to serious and capable buyers only.

Price: $230,000.00

Yes, that's it.

Back
Top Bottom