For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric, please post more pictures of sexy in the making.

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff.

A little late to the Party but I’d like to request a medium plate. Preferably stainless steel if I can make the next production run. Otherwise I can make an Aluminum work as well.

Well if it’s taking a year+- to get these I better get my name on the list now. I’d like to get a Large and looks like by time my name comes around aluminum with wedges might be the style in production if SS that’s fine too. Look forward to the message that I’m up next.

Freedom Plate 531 arrived in Bahrain. Can't wait to dive with it.

Attachments

• 20200301_204711.jpg
    20200301_204711.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 20200301_204755.jpg
    20200301_204755.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 162
Hi @Eric Sedletzky,

I'm post #215 in this thread. I'm thinking about switching from aluminum to the thin SS option. Just wondering on what the weight difference of the two is? Also, how much does the wedge weigh? (I'm using a VDH wing, is my understanding correct that just the wedge is sufficient?)

Thanks

Hi @Eric Sedletzky,

I'm post #215 in this thread. I'm thinking about switching from aluminum to the thin SS option. Just wondering on what the weight difference of the two is? Also, how much does the wedge weigh? (I'm using a VDH wing, is my understanding correct that just the wedge is sufficient?)

Thanks
The weight between aluminum and stainless is about the same in 16 GA and a few oz more in 14GA. I will pick either one or the other, not both.
Either an aluminum travel wedge could be used or the heavier 1/8” stainless wedge. Coming up soon will be a 1/4” heavier version of the wedge for cold water or any diving really depending on what weight combo a person might desire.
All you need when using a VDH wing is a wedge, or nothing but the plate. A rail will not work well with VDH or Oxycheq and DGX wings because the foot print of the base plates is too wide for the roll control logs. If I make the rail too narrow then it compromises the stability of the tank. I decided to embrace the roll control logs built into VDH/Oxycheq style wings and utilize that feature in the design of my plate rather than tell people they need to cut them off.
I’m trying to move away from the rail. I didn’t really like it 100% when I developed it due to too many quirks but at the time I figured it was a necessary evil.
I don’t like the tank moved out that far, I don’t like the fact that the top bolt is very length sensitive and can dig into the tank or not be long enough to be safe, I don’t like the idea that the cam bands can go under the bars bypassing the plate slots and everything depends on two 5/16” bolts like a STA.
I’m trying to simplify the plate and make it super user friendly with less technical convolution.

Back
Top Bottom