Off Topic Jabber and Bull Session

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calle Roo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, I was thinking we should have a thread where we can check in, and talk non-sense. Possibly tell jokes or funny stories. :cool3:

So, lets give it a try Southwest SandSharks, lets have some FUN!

Anyone going to the Crossroads of the West gunshow this weekend at the Az State Fairgrounds?

Actually my Dad just called me today and wants to try to make it on Saturday sometime. Pretty excited, I haven't been to the crossroads in 4-5 years. You going for anything specific or just for fun?

Just for fun. I've volunteered for the NRA over the years, so we have free passes. Saves $7 which isnt bad. I'll probably be down Saturday too. If you PM me your #, Ill call you when Im on my way, and if you havent entered yet, Ill give you guys some passes too.

Last edited:
GUNS ARE EVIL!

O.K. so I am just kidding:D. Actually, I own my fair share but have not bought a firearm in over 10 years. Once I started archery hunting I lost some interest in spending time at the range. Still do occasionally, just not as much. With the price of ammo these days I have even less interest.

Having said that I do plan to purchase at least one if not two handguns prior to years end (not going to the gun show, however). Much of depends if I do end up purchasing a drysuit this year. I am planning on getting my CCW permit in January and want to have another caliber & size option when/if I carry.

mg

Let me know when you go get your CCW, I'll go with you.

I haven't renewed mine, as it's only a misdemeanor to carry without it. But I cant go breaking ALL of the laws all the time, only some of them. J/K

I'm not the biggest Glock fan (don't own one) but they are a really nice and inexpensive carry pieces. I carry a H&K P200SK .40 and love it, but they are on the expensive side (you probably pay for the name). But it's a really nice feel for me and I'm decently accurate with it.

I really enjoyed my CCW class. You'll learn a lot about the laws here (if you're into that kind of thing) and safety. I took mine at Scottsdale Gun Club awhile ago and it was a really good experience. They had 3 or 4 instructors who taught the class, all of which were Police officers, Judges, and Attorney's... people with first hand in the law. I think it ran me around $100 at the time, can't remember for sure.

Id rather do an NRA instructed CCW class, but Scottsdale Gun Club would be my next choice as well. Theyre a lil pricey, but I've always has pleasant experiences shopping and using their range.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

We just rescued a dog, so I'll probably be taking him on a hike or some outdoor activity

CIMG2370.jpg

I'll be out at the gun show on Friday. Trying to sell off my AR-15. :D

We just rescued a dog, so I'll probably be taking him on a hike or some outdoor activity

Oh, he's gorgeous. Bring him to the puppy park. My dog loves going there. We usually go to the 1 on Hayden and McDonald. Whats his name? Bruno?

I'll be out at the gun show on Friday. Trying to sell off my AR-15. :D

Friday, why not Saturday? Better turnout then...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom