Off Topic Jabber and Bull Session

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once the new light rail sets up, he should have no problem. I wish Scottsdale wouldn't be so stubborn and would allow the light rail to be built through it that way I could save some gas and take the rail to ASU everyday!

Our three beasts....

Buddy the corgi

[IMGhttp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/attachments/southwest-sand-sharks/52546d1228462505-off-topic-jabber-bull-session-bud.jpg[/IMG]

Roxy the fatty

[IMGhttp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/attachments/southwest-sand-sharks/52547d1228462516-off-topic-jabber-bull-session-rox.jpg[/IMG]

and Maggie the new dog

52548d1228462525-off-topic-jabber-bull-session-magg.jpg

I spy a Mac :dork2:

Cute dogs

Once the new light rail sets up, he should have no problem. I wish Scottsdale wouldn't be so stubborn and would allow the light rail to be built through it that way I could save some gas and take the rail to ASU everyday!

Well, we live in N Phoenix, so what happens is, he drives his truck to PV Mall, then take the bus to ASU.

Lastnight, he stayed for some band concert, and they Northbound bus to PV mall wasnt running anymore, so he ended up in downtown Phx.

I'am not happy with him! :shakehead:

Uh oh. That sucks. Yeah I don't think any ASU shuttles run to North Phoenix, and I'm not too sure about this, but I don't think the light rail goes out that way either. I guess you either gotta get him to catch the bus, or you're going to have to pick him up a lot more often. =D

How come he doesn't just park at ASU? I know parking is a bit expensive there, but it will beat the hell out of taking the bus all the way out there.

How come he doesn't just park at ASU? I know parking is a bit expensive there, but it will beat the hell out of taking the bus all the way out there.

My folks offered to buy him a parking pass, but he doesnt really like driving. He's 18 and has probably only driven 200 miles in the past 2 years. :shakehead:

Uh oh. That sucks. Yeah I don't think any ASU shuttles run to North Phoenix, and I'm not too sure about this, but I don't think the light rail goes out that way either.
The light rail only goes as far as Spectrum mall - 19th Ave/Bethany Home Rd. If you're familiar with city buses, it's basically replacing the Red Line out to ASU/Mesa - but shortened on both ends. I personally think they'd do a lot better to extend it to up around PV Mall where they might catch a lot of business commuters going downtown. No plan for that until 2025. http://www.valleymetro.org/images/uploads/lightrail_maps/Future-Transit-Corridors.jpg

I think the light rail is a great idea, but it just seems so dangerous to me. How fast does it go? How long of a warning is there before the tram comes? What do the lights mean?

I know theyre having a huge opening celebration the end of December, that I might go to though...

Valley Metro | Welcome

I'd like to know what genius decided to put it down Central. I've seen dozens of Central High kids jaywalking right over the tracks already. Not to mention across ASU and the stadium area.

And the train itself is pretty silent. It went by once while I was sitting in a car with the windows down and I didn't even hear it. Wearing an iPod I don't think you would.

At 100,000 lbs. per railcar, I wouldn't turn in front of it. I only saw a test but it was moving pretty quickly - I'd say better than 20mph.

Otoh, I've been to Long Beach, San Diego and Toronto - all have similar systems and I've never seen an accident. People learn pretty quickly what not to do.

It's bad right now, but once people get the hang of it, it might get better. I think it's a great idea, they just needed to plan it a bit more efficiently. The only problem is that Phoenix was originally intended to be a "small" town, but because it's growing so rapidly, they have to start making a lot of adjustments. For example, the HOV lane on the 101 should've been there when they built the 101 freeway, and now that they got the HOV lane, in just a few years they're going to need another lane, so the city is being a bit counter-productive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom