Odds of getting bent.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where are you tingling?
random places in the back top of right hand left thigh. Not really a constant tingle more like it will start then stop in different areas. Im sure I am just more paranoid then any thing.

Unfortunately no safety stop was done as the diver I was with had a “issue” so we had to end the dive.

What was the "issue", if you don't mind sharing? Unless it was a medical emergency (of the kind likely requiring 911), you should make every effort to end the dive while still ascending slowly and completing your safety stop. If your buddy performs an unsafe ascent, you are not required to mimic the same unsafe ascent to stay with them. That is not the meaning of "dive buddy".

What was the "issue", if you don't mind sharing? Unless it was a medical emergency (of the kind likely requiring 911), you should make every effort to end the dive while still ascending slowly and completing your safety stop. If your buddy performs an unsafe ascent, you are not required to mimic the same unsafe ascent to stay with them. That is not the meaning of "dive buddy".
It is when its also “the wife”😂.

My wife made an uncontrolled ascent from around 30' early in her diving career. Visibility was good enough for me to see she was OK on the surface as I followed her up at a much slower pace. There's no point in potentially getting two people bent unless the alternative is something worse. She was fine BTW.

Dealing with family members makes it interesting. Years ago, I remember reading some "what if" scenarios such as your buddy is quickly swimming way too deep, or you know there won't be enough gas for you to both exit safely - with the point being that, at some point, you have to consider your own safety first - to which my wife quickly agreed.

When I threw out, what if my buddy was our son, without hesitation her answer was that I save him first!

random places in the back top of right hand left thigh. Not really a constant tingle more like it will start then stop in different areas. Im sure I am just more paranoid than any thing.
Obviously no one can say over the internet if it’s dcs or not, but it’s very unlikely and random tingling is a symptom of anxiety

Obviously no one can say over the internet if it’s dcs or not, but it’s very unlikely and random tingling is a symptom of anxiety
Or other completely unrelated medical condition that happened to be exacerbated by diving (disclaimer I'm not a doctor but can think of a few non-related health conditions/diseases that off the top of my head that diving could cause to be noticeable vs borderline asymptomatic, especially among people that may second guess their own symptoms... Consciously not naming any though because that's what an in person diagnosis with doc familiar with both dive medicine and the patient should find...).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom