Octopus MV with Poseidon JetStream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremygo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Please forgive me if this is a silly or stupid question.

I was wondering if I can use the Mares Octopus MV with my existing Poseidon Jetstream.

I know that this is a different brand, but will it work? Any downsides or reactions to this?

THanks,

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Probably not. My disclaimer is, I am not completely knowledgable in all aspects of the Poseidon regulator, therefore this is opinion and not fact. If the Poseidon 1st stage intermediate pressure is set between 140 and 150 psi, theoretically there should not be a problem. Poseidon's second stages use an "upstream" type system which is different than almost all other brands, therefore I'm not to sure about the IP of the poseidon regs. You may get more response in the regulator subforum or ask your poseidon dealer, he should know for sure.

Best,

Zak

No problem. Intermediate pressure of the Jestream/Odin is 9.5 bar (do not know in PSI). With a POseidon Cyklon you have a problem with any other kind of second stage because intermediate pressur is round 13 bar. I use a Scubapro R 190 on my Jetstream.

Back
Top Bottom