OctoPi mods and lighting...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No lag! Make sure you are running a Class 10, U3, V30, A1 micro sd card. That makes a huge difference.

When I first set up my Pi 3B+ I noticed some camera lag, stuttering and timeouts. Once I switched to the better card it cured that. The camera resolution is better too. The right card makes all the difference. I learned that one fast. When I switched to the Pi Zero 2 W, I got the better card right off the bat.

If you are looking to buy a Zero 2W, retailers are price gouging them on Amazon and Ebay. You can get them through Raspberry Pi's official retailers for $15.

Note: the Pi Zero 2 W is the only Zero model that has a 1GHz, quad core, 64 bit processor, which is needed to run Octopi. The other Zero models have single core 1GHz processors and not compatible with Octopi.

That's awesome... I could never imagine trying to run a printer without Octopi.

If you are looking to buy a Zero 2W, retailers are price gouging them on Amazon and Ebay. You can get them through Raspberry Pi's official retailers for $15.
They are all out of stock at the moment. :(

They are all out of stock at the moment. :(
Rumors are that supply will be limited until at least 2023 :crying:. According to rpilocator they are occasionally getting stocked at non-scalped prices. Sparkfun had a small batch that sold out last Friday, so there is at least a trickle being distributed for retail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom