October Not-Quite-So-MegaDive 2006 Oct. 27-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am hoping to be gearing up for dive #1 Sat. morning around 7 A.M. or as soon as I can get in...working on that now.

Scuba_Jenny:
I am hoping to be gearing up for dive #1 Sat. morning around 7 A.M. or as soon as I can get in...working on that now.

Oh I will be awake long befoe that! Anytime after 6 am works for me.

Just a thought on that early arrival, the check-in doesnt open until 8am IIRC, so unless you got there and bought the tags on friday, you're not in and diving early saturday - at least by the rules. I am thinking we might only stay the friday night and dive saturday for the day before heading back that night. We have plenty of stuff to do and so might sacrifice one night staying there as sunday usually is a pretty slow day diving-wise (no-one seems to go).

oh, Simon reminds me of our new rule:

NO FOREIGNERS ALLOWED

sorry, but Ken made that call

simbrooks:
Just a thought on that early arrival, the check-in doesnt open until 8am IIRC, so unless you got there and bought the tags on friday, you're not in and diving early saturday - at least by the rules. I am thinking we might only stay the friday night and dive saturday for the day before heading back that night. We have plenty of stuff to do and so might sacrifice one night staying there as sunday usually is a pretty slow day diving-wise (no-one seems to go).

If we are helping with river clean up our diving for the day is free. Will be get our tags the night before so we could do a moring dive before the clean up?

Looks like I am in for the morning cleanup dive and possibly one other afterward. How do we go about committing for the cleanup and get our free diving?

I wish I could stay longer, but family commitments to show off the new baby will limit my availability while in Florida.

LindaBluedolphin:
If we are helping with river clean up our diving for the day is free. Will be get our tags the night before so we could do a moring dive before the clean up?
It will be free, however i believe its a refund when you check out and they are sure you were part of the effort - last time around a few folks got the free pass and didnt do the work. If you put it on a tab and pay up at the end for camping/diving fees i would imagine they would take it off after that. We will be getting our tags on friday night for saturday morning.

Well, just found out that my trip to the Gulf this weekend was cancelled, so I should have plenty of money for gas and gas for the October Knots-Omega Dive. It'll likely be an overnight drive for me to get there, and I don't think there's much chance I'll get in from Baton Rouge in time to check in Friday night... unless someone has a private jet? Anyone? :D

Guess that means I can't check in until 8am, then, eh? As long as I'm there in time for the cleanup, I guess it'll do.

simbrooks:
It will be free, however i believe its a refund when you check out and they are sure you were part of the effort - last time around a few folks got the free pass and didnt do the work. If you put it on a tab and pay up at the end for camping/diving fees i would imagine they would take it off after that. We will be getting our tags on friday night for saturday morning.

Thank you.

Never having been to Ginny before I really don't know what to expect. I appreciate the information.

I called Ginnie this afternoon about getting in before 8AM to do a dive, and was told if I arrive before 8, I will be charged for a nights stay, and still cannot dive unless I have the wrist band. They want to see C cards and you have to fill out the waiiver thing. It is available on their site.
So, even if I showed up at 7am I would be charged a nights stay, and still wouldn't be able to dive until I got the wrist band at 8AM. Bonnie said not to worry, as their busy season is over, and there shouldn't be a big line. BUT I WANNA DIVE EARLY Whaaaaaaa!!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom