October 2nd Trashfest new braunfels, YIKES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we're going to make it to the New Braunfels event. We're ready to go back to the Comal, and figure it's worth the $14 entry just to go diving with a bunch of other folks and do something fun. Road trip! So, hope to meet the Swampdivers who show- we'll wear our t-shirts and are hoping to bag one of those cheap rooms at the Rodeway Inn. We stayed there before while diving, it's clean and a good place to haul gear in and out if you get a ground floor room. Anyway, if any of you change your mind, post and let us know!

Foo

I am not going to pay. Where does the money go??? $14/person is pretty steep.

I think I'll just skip thie event and get my warm fuzzies for cleaning up at the upcoming Lake Travis clean up.

When is the Lake Travis cleanup? And the San Marcos one? Thanks!

Hey girl, we gotta dive together sometime soon.

Foo

Foo:
When is the Lake Travis cleanup? And the San Marcos one? Thanks!

Hey girl, we gotta dive together sometime soon.

Foo

Foo, the lake cleanup is next weekend http://www.tomsscuba.com/localdives/cleanup/lake_clean04.hI'm not sure if we will go or not. My dive puter crapped out soooo I'm looking for a new one. The river cleanup in
san Marcos is sometime in April. We wiill be there fer sure.

Ahhh, thanks Parrothead! I know we can't go next weekend- karate tournament instead.

Just curious, are you saying that you don't want to go dive because your dive computer broke? You won't dive without a computer?

Foo

FYI, I finally got through to the Rodeway Inn at their local number, 830-629-6991. Apparantly Rodeway no longer answers it's 800 number, LOL. The rooms are still $31.99 plus tax, with breakfast included. Just thought I'd let anyone know who is thinking of going.

Foo

parrotheaddiver:
...the lake cleanup is next weekend

To avoid confusion, the Lake Travis cleanup takes place on Saturday, Sep. 26, 2004, for folks who might not click the link that Parrothead courteously provided.

BTW, I perceive that the difference in fees/no fees is that the Lake Travis event is sponsored by the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA), whose charter is to serve as a "conservation and reclamation district..." while also providing power and flood control. Their event press release explains more about participating.

Hey girl...Yes, we do need to dive together soon.

Also, as mentioned the Lake Travis clean up is Sept 26th. We are planning to be there.

Foo:
Ahhh, thanks Parrothead! I know we can't go next weekend- karate tournament instead.

Just curious, are you saying that you don't want to go dive because your dive computer broke? You won't dive without a computer?

Foo

Oooops my mistake I was a week ahead of myself.

Foo yeah I dove w/o my computer at CSSP labor day weekend. I didn't really need it there anyway. I just don't have my old guages anymore and probably will buy a new computer in the next week or two.

My husband is also tied up at the racetrack for the next 3 Saturdays with his brother. We are going to try to squeeze in a Sunday at Travis sometime this month I hope. I'll probably see you in Houston at the Scubaborad get together.

Oh okay, I was wondering if you just kinda get hooked on computer diving after you use one, and it's the only way to go or what... I've haven't tried one, yet, just use my old fashioned guages. I'd be lost without them, so I don't blame you for not diving without them.

The jury's still out on us making the Houston get together- is anyone going to be diving? We're not instructors or involved in the industry other than to be open water divers, so we couldn't go to the DEMA meet. We'll have to see about it, we're leaning toward staying local. (5 or 6 hr trip for us). Although I would really love to meet all my SB friends!

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom